Help downloading training videos

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
dixon2723

Help downloading training videos

Post by dixon2723 »

I am trying to download the World Wide training video "Strengthening the Family and the Church through the Priesthood" from lds.org. When on my desk top, I click the download button, and nothing happens. No options, nothing.
When I try to download it to my iPad through the Gospel Library app, it isn't available.
I've gone through all the directions, step by step, with no success.
Any suggestions?
gregwanderson

Re: Help downloading training videos

Post by gregwanderson »

When I try accessing the videos at this page and I click on the download button a window opens allowing me the option to download a small, medium or large version of the file for the first video, "How to Use This Training." No problems. I'm not sure if the page uses Java scripts or whether some other plug-in on your browser isn't working correctly. But no trouble here. I'm using Safari at the moment. There have been reports that the church website doesn't play well with Internet Explorer.
Last edited by gregwanderson on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Help downloading training videos

Post by jdlessley »

There are ten videos in that training session. Which one were you trying to download? What desktop system are you using? What browser are you using?

I downloaded all three file sizes for the "Priesthood Keys" segment using my Windows XP system and Firefox. The only issue I had was the lack of a progress indicator to let me know when the download was complete. Without a download indicator I had to watch the temporary download file. Once it disappeared the download was complete. The large file, at 516 MB size, took around four minutes to download on my system and ISP provided connection speed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”