Former seminary teacher required to change password

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
davidrichey

Former seminary teacher required to change password

Post by davidrichey »

One of last year's seminary teachers is being notified she has to change her password in lds.org. (I was forwarded the email) She is not listed in the online directory as a seminary teacher nor is she listed in the CDOL as seminary teacher. I have checked the stake MLS to confirm she is not listed there. Does any one know why she would still be receiving these notifications?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Former seminary teacher required to change password

Post by aebrown »

The question is if the system still considers her to be part of the workforce. To check that out, she should sign in to her LDS Account (at ldsaccount.lds.org) and see if she has a Workforce tab. I'm guessing that she will.

If that's the case, I don't know how to fix it, but I'd start with the LDS Account support team (which you can send a request to from the LDS Account help pages).
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

If this in fact is unrelated, please move to its own thread, but I have been hearing of something similar in association with familysearch.org.

A user, not a support missionary, but just an everyday user, got an email saying they were required to change their password within 14 days. I understand that's true of support missionaries and CHQ people, and a few others, but this was odd for an everyday user, and the person had not served in any of the categories that would require regular password changing.
jared.capson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jared.capson »

If you call the Global Service Center they can help you out with the password policies.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

My wife had this issue and we were advised to contact the seminary coordinator for our area. The coordinator will need to let the CES human resources department know that there has been a release of a seminary teacher. This is independant of what it says on MLS or LDS.org.

This instruction came from the LDSaccount people.

Return to “Main Church Website”