lds.org will not open

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
1968leocomeeatabite

Re: lds.org will not open

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

russellhltn wrote:
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:I came home and decided that It would not hurt anything if I unplugged my router for a while and then plugged it back in, just to see if that by chance might work. IT WORKED GREAT! not sure why it worked but it did? Any suggestions of what to look for in the future?
The key thing for me is you were having problems with multiple devices in your home, and no one else was complaining about a problem. The connection was something in common to the devices, but to no one else.
Over a year and a half has passed by and the identical situation has happened. LDS.ORG would not open / load on my PC. (when other sites would) So I shut all pc and devices down unplugged the modem waited for a couple minutes and plugged the modem in, let it cycle, boot up my PC and were back up and running again. I don't understand it but at least it make things all better. I assume it has something to do with resetting the modem and the modem needing to reach out to lds.org and makes things work again.
Last edited by aebrown on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix quote tags
sharlynn

Post by sharlynn »

Thank you for the help. I have been having the same problem since Mon. and wondered what was going on because if I went into FireFox it worked fine. Now with your help it is functioning just fine.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I have my Dell laptop at the meetinghouse, running Windows 7 Ultimate and Chrome. When I try to go to lds.org, I see a message at the bottom of the Chrome window: "Waiting for ldschurch.tt.omtrdc.net" The web page is frozen, and times out after a minute or two when Chrome pops up a message that lds.org is unresponsive, and suggests I kill the attempt to load the web page.

We have a Cisco 800 Series firewall and a Windstream DSL modem. This only happens when I use a wireless connection. If I connect an Ethernet cable from the firewall to my laptop, and disable my wireless adapter, the laptop can connect immediately to lds.org. Internet Explorer 11 can also connect to lds.org immediately, regardless of whether I use wireless or wired connections.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Main Church Website”