lds.org will not open

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
1968leocomeeatabite

Re: lds.org will not open

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

My browsers Chrome & Firefox will not load lds.org correctly. The only site I am having trouble with, this is on multiple devises. laptop, pc, tablet. When signing in it opens but not in a normal way. I can still function but it is not a good experience. It is all text with links with no or very little pictures. The text are all links. I made an effort to clear cache, permission for cookies, and reset the browser. I do not understand what you are saying about the zoom.

Any help or ideas I should try? Thank You.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:I do not understand what you are saying about the zoom.
With the browser open there is an icon on the far right on the same line as the web page address line. It looks like three horizontal lines vertically stacked. That is the browser options menu link. In the third group of options is the zoom control option. If it is not showing 100% then users were experiencing the issues described in this thread. This issue has been fixed.

Since you said both the Chrome and Firefox browsers were experiencing loading issues for LDS.org then it most likely is not the browsers but something on the server side. There were issues with LDS.org earlier in the week with delayed loading. Those issues have also been fixed.

If you are still having problems then provide some more detail as to what your are experiencing. You can also try clearing your cache and then try loading LDS.org again.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
1968leocomeeatabite

I have been having troubles loading LDS.ORG
On my PC it seems to be getting little bite worse as time goes on.
I assume that it is a problem with something in my home. 2 PC, 1 Laptop, 1 tablet will not load lds.org correctly. I have cleared my cache, cookies, history, etc, on my one PC. It did not help. I cleared it on both firefox and chrome. I tried loading lds.org with three browsers including internet explorer. lds.org is only site that I am having troubles with. I can access al may other sites.

I have Firebug on my laptop and I do not understand anything about it but here is a quote that I copied from "Firebug"
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html class="js flexbox canvas canvastext webgl touch geolocation postmessage no-websqldatabase indexeddb hashchange history draganddrop websockets rgba hsla multiplebgs backgroundsize borderimage borderradius boxshadow textshadow opacity cssanimations csscolumns cssgradients no-cssreflections csstransforms no-csstransforms3d csstransitions fontface video audio localstorage sessionstorage webworkers applicationcache svg inlinesvg smil svgclippaths wf-acme-n4-active wf-active">
<head version="2.5.4-rev.3769">
<body id="signedin" class="fluid mainPage no-resize">
</html>
This has been going on for about a week. I can load ldstech just fine. I go over to the clerks office and lds.org works just fine over there.

A few things are different I have added a tablet to my devices with some newly loaded apps. I can't access lds.org on the tablet, but I have previously. I can access lds tools just fine. Would there be a connection with the beta leadership resources page? I am in the area that has the beta for leadership resources. Well have I given to much information? Can anyone help me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried taking your laptop or tablet to another location (such as church) and see what happens there? I'm wondering if it's something with your router or ISP.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1968leocomeeatabite

I will try that this morning. I think that you might be on to something. I used them both at the church last sunday and they both worked. I do have a sisco (?) router. Thank you, so if it works OK at the church and it does not at home, what do I do? Is there a reset? Or should I just unplug the router and then plug it back in and let it go through the process of connecting?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Thank you, so if it works OK at the church and it does not at home, what do I do? Is there a reset? Or should I just unplug the router and then plug it back in and let it go through the process of connecting?
Not sure what to suggest. But a reset wouldn't be a bad idea.

My one concern is that the church network is "internal" to the church. A better test would be to find a non-church WiFi and see how that works. Such as going to a store that offers free WiFi.

But the fact it works at church does suggest it's a connection related issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
1968leocomeeatabite

russellhltn wrote:
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Thank you, so if it works OK at the church and it does not at home, what do I do? Is there a reset? Or should I just unplug the router and then plug it back in and let it go through the process of connecting?
My laptop and my tablet worked great at the church. I came home and decided that It would not hurt anything if I unplugged my router for a while and then plugged it back in, just to see if that by chance might work. IT WORKED GREAT! not sure why it worked but it did? Any suggestions of what to look for in the future?
My one concern is that the church network is "internal" to the church. A better test would be to find a non-church WiFi and see how that works. Such as going to a store that offers free WiFi.
I have not had a chance to test this. I will make it a point to do so in the future.

Question: I have been Leary of using WiFi in a public place and going into some of the tools (especially the Clerk or leader resources pages. Is this a valid concern, or am I being to cautious? Would this be in the same category of not doing any bank business when connected to a b public wifi? Would it be best not to even log into lds.org when in a public place?
But the fact it works at church does suggest it's a connection related issue.
So by what I experienced would it be an issue with my router?
Thank you for your help!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:I came home and decided that It would not hurt anything if I unplugged my router for a while and then plugged it back in, just to see if that by chance might work. IT WORKED GREAT! not sure why it worked but it did? Any suggestions of what to look for in the future?
The key thing for me is you were having problems with multiple devices in your home, and no one else was complaining about a problem. The connection was something in common to the devices, but to no one else.
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:Question: I have been Leary of using WiFi in a public place and going into some of the tools (especially the Clerk or leader resources pages. Is this a valid concern, or am I being to cautious? Would this be in the same category of not doing any bank business when connected to a b public wifi? Would it be best not to even log into lds.org when in a public place?
It's good to be cautious, but I can't think of what would be dangerous at a public place. It seems to me that church members could make better use of stolen information then your typical coffee shop hacker.
1968leocomeeatabite wrote:So by what I experienced would it be an issue with my router?
Or at least something with your connection. The router being one of the few parts being under your control. It's possible it was forwarding outdated DNS information. Resetting it forced it to get current information from your ISP.

1968leocomeeatabite

A big thank you to russellhltn for his insight and suggestions. I do appreciate it.

One thing that has changed with this experience. Or at least I perceive that it may be different.
Would there be a connection with the beta leadership resources page? I am in the area that has the beta for leadership resources.
In this Quote I was referring to the beta given to (I think) the leadership in my area. I live in Payson, Utah. If I remember correctly we were changed to beta "Leadership Resources" and 'Clerk Resources". But maybe it was only Clerk Resources I honestly do not remember. I think that we had tho option to change back and forth as we pleased. But now I do not see the beta or the beta option. I guess the time could have expired and I was not aware.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:In this Quote I was referring to the beta given to (I think) the leadership in my area. I live in Payson, Utah. If I remember correctly we were changed to beta "Leadership Resources" and 'Clerk Resources". But maybe it was only Clerk Resources I honestly do not remember. I think that we had tho option to change back and forth as we pleased. But now I do not see the beta or the beta option. I guess the time could have expired and I was not aware.
The beta only applied to Clerk Resources (not Leader Resources). And the new experience is now live for everyone, so there is no longer a separate beta version of Clerk Resources.

Return to “Main Church Website”