"This page has an unspecified potential security risk."

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
darkrats

"This page has an unspecified potential security risk."

Post by darkrats »

For the last few weeks I've been getting this message popup when visiting LDS.ORG and navigating between pages on that site.

I understand that this error message is mentioned in numerous places via Google, but I am frustrated in the fact that 1) this never happened until recently 2) the fixes posted elsewhere do not work for me even when I follow the instructions to the letter 3) it ONLY happens at LDS.ORG and not at any other website I have ever visited in years of browsing.
I sent an email to the above site and they referred me here.

Any ideas on how to stop this popup. A registry fix would be nice because playing around with all of the IE security settings has done nothing to help me.

Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Which version of IE are you using? Are you using Compatibility View? What version of Windows?

Are you using tools on LDS.org (such as Calendar, Directory, Lesson Schedules, etc.), or are you just going to regular content pages?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
darkrats

Post by darkrats »

I'm using IE8 on Windows XP. Not using compatibility View. I'm just bringing up the home page when I get the message.
I should add that if I click on either Yes or No a few times the page loads normally. Now I know you're going to have the urge to lecture me about moving to Windows 7 or IE8 or IE10, but
before you do, you should know that I happen to like my current OS and browser. I have Firefox and I can certainly use that without the warning message, but really, I'd like to know what is
causing this to happen with IE8 and ONLY with lds.org.

If it helps, when I go to lds.org the page loads with the exception of some of the graphics, and then stops with the warning message. After clicking Yes or No a few times the remaining graphics
show up and I can scroll and read the page normally. If I move to another page at lds.org the whole thing is repeated again. I do not see this at any of the numerous other Church related sites.

Your help is appreciated.

Return to “Main Church Website”