Is my journal entry lost?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
tyresarise

Is my journal entry lost?

Post by tyresarise »

I just spent the better part of the last hour writing a journal entry. It seems like it's gone. I cannot seem to find it. I did not push any save buttons before navigating to an older journal entry. I tried going back and searching for it by title and tags I put on it. I think I made a big mistake and am sad about it.
wheeler

Re: Is my journal entry lost?

Post by wheeler »

I had this happen once and it was frustrating. I think there needs to be an auto draft feature so that things are saved periodically so that the text isn't completely lost if something happens. Gmail has something like this and it has saved me many times.
thewiscombes

Post by thewiscombes »

Please, Please, Please, smart computer people who are developing and creating the notes/journal feature on LDS.org (which I love) add a little *second-chance reminder* to pop-up such as: "Do you want to navigate away from this page? Any unsaved data will be lost" when someone tries to navigate away from an unsaved journal entry. It is so disheartening when you spend an hour writing something, only to have an accidental click take it all away!!

Another option...an automatic draft saving feature. Are any of these features in future plans? Oh, please say yes!

Thank You!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

thewiscombes wrote:Please, Please, Please, smart computer people who are developing and creating the notes/journal feature on LDS.org ...
The best way to provide this feedback is through the LDS.org home page feedback link. This link is available on many other, but not all, LDS.org pages. We can discuss issues and provide user-to-user support in the forum. And occassionally a church ICS employee may read and respond to a topic thread. But to ensure the right people with the authority and the ability to make changes get this feedback, the LDS.org feedback link is the best choice.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”