Glitch in Program - download videos

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mylescjones

Glitch in Program - download videos

Post by mylescjones »

I serve as a Stake Trainer for learning how to use the Family History Programs.
When you go to lds.org and then go to "Resources", then under "Family" go to "Family History" , now click on "Getting Started" it say's " discover your family tree and learn how to prepare a name for the temple in five easy steps". When you do get to the "Five Easy Steps and select one of the steps you can watch the video. Great ! At the bottom of the Video it gives you the oppertunity to "Download" the video which is a great tool to show in classes. However, this works for only the first 3 steps. You cannot dowmload steps 4 & 5. You get a message that this page cannot be found. Can this be corrected so these 2 videos can also be downloaded like the first 3. I hope you can fix this... Thanks ! Myles C. Jones
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the thread Glitch in Program to address this topic separately. See the Code of Conduct about addressing one topic per thread.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The links for the downloads on steps 4 and 5 are indeed incorrect. I'll submit a request to get them fixed, but in the meantime, I did figure out a link for step 4 that allows you to download that video:
I wasn't able to figure out what the correct URL for step 5 would be.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mylescjones wrote:You cannot dowmload steps 4 & 5. You get a message that this page cannot be found. Can this be corrected so these 2 videos can also be downloaded like the first 3.
I tested this and duplicated the problem. Running Firebug I got this error: "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://broadcast2.lds.org/family-histor ... nload=true" for the step 4 video and "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://broadcast2.lds.org/family-histor ... nload=true" for the step 5 video. This has been reported to the developers.

Edit: Looks like aebrown beat me to it while I was investigating.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The media library has MANY videos in this category, I've submitted feedback on several occasions without any response, or anyone fixing them. I've downloaded everything I could to include on my new clerk computer image, and a couple of sections have links that are just wrong (note, I'm not referring to videos that are not downloadable for any number of reasons).
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mylescjones wrote:You cannot dowmload steps 4 & 5. You get a message that this page cannot be found. Can this be corrected so these 2 videos can also be downloaded like the first 3.

This has been corrected; each of the 5 videos can be downloaded now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”