No Sign In link on new LDS.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
dsgunn130908

No Sign In link on new LDS.org

Post by dsgunn130908 »

hi all i hope someone can help a few people in my branch have no sign in on the new lds.org one being my dad who is the branch president how can i help them fix this?
dsgunn130908

Post by dsgunn130908 »

where the button return to classic lds org its says on lds.org its in the left column or at the bottom, no it not on both
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The sign in is on the very top of the page on the right hand side next to the CHURCH WEBSITES link. In English the sign in link is labeled "Sign In/Tools. It may not be readily apparent for users of Firefox since the font is a muted/light gray colored font.
Signin.jpg
(52.93 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is a temporary problem with the LDS.org home page. The Sign In/Tools link is not working. Evidently when they reworked the link today URLs for the Sign In link and the other tools in the drop-down menu list do not have complete URLs. "LDS.org" was left out of the address. Clicking on any of the links will return a "Server Not Found" error message page.

Edit: They have fixed the temporary problem. The links are working again.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:There is a temporary problem with the LDS.org home page. The Sign In/Tools link is not working.

Edit: They have fixed the temporary problem. The links are working again.
I am finding that once I go to the lds.org home page, it is best to just let it sit and load for about 30 seconds. After that amount of time, most of the links have a better chance of showing up and working. For example:

When I click on Sign In/Tools, there is no way to sign in. There is a drop down menu that begins with Notes and Journal and ends with Tools for My Calling. The Tools for My Calling link takes me back to the home page, when it does anything at all.

But, if I wait long enough, another button, Sign In/Tools, shows up at the top of the drop down list. If I click that button once it shows up, I am taken to the LDS Account Sign In page, and then back to the home page with my name at the top.

Then, (either because I read this Forum or have received pure inspiration and revelation), I know that if I click on my name, I will find the drop down box with a lot of the things that used to be in the Tools menu. If what I need is not there, I just click somewhere else on the page to close the drop down menu, wait about 10 seconds, then click on my name again.

Eventually, most of the old Tools menu shows up and I can accomplish what I intended to do.

I find it much faster and more convenient to book mark each tool in my browser and go directly to the page I need. It saves time, energy, and guesswork. And it works.

And if I were a patient sort of fellow, there might even be a Sign Out button somewhere, but it is hardly worth the effort to go looking around and figure out where it would be, and then wait around for it to load so I could use it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since the fix I reported earlier I do not experience any of the difficulties or delays lajackson describes. There may be server issues from time to time, especially on Sundays, that may cause page rendering issues for some. Even so, I did not experience any rendering delays today, a Sunday.
JD Lessley
jaj78

Post by jaj78 »

I noticed sign in errors and even page rendering errors all weekend, too. Instead of getting the normal LDS.org, once I sign in I have been getting a white background, text only rendering of the page in outline form. (This is when using a netbook with WindowsXP, Chrome browser) Switching to a recent Firefox distribution seemed to solve the problem. I didn't experience the same problems on my desktop, or with a friend's Android tablet. Maybe it is just a server delay issue.

That said, many of the URLs were still "do nothing" links. I'm assuming the team is aware of these weaknesses.

Return to “Main Church Website”