Group mail messages

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
alansias

Group mail messages

Post by alansias »

My wife and I were discussing this today. I am in the bishopric and she in the RS presidency. We have been trying to figure out how to adequately send blast messages to groups like the RS but are not successful. What suggestions are there? I am trying to find a thread here on the forums, but...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

alansias wrote:My wife and I were discussing this today. I am in the bishopric and she in the RS presidency. We have been trying to figure out how to adequately send blast messages to groups like the RS but are not successful. What suggestions are there? I am trying to find a thread here on the forums, but...
The easiest way I know of is to use the Directory on LDS.org. You can go to "Ward Organizations" (that's one of the options on the left) and select "Relief Society". Then at the top of the right panel, you'll see a link for "E-mail all Relief Society." That should work well for your wife. Other organizations are available as well, including the "Adults" group.

Those e-mail options will use your computer's default e-mail program to initiate composing the message, and then you can finish composing the message and actually send it. That also gives you the option to add or delete recipients from the list before it is sent.

It's not clear to me whether you know about those options, but had problems using them, or if you were unaware of those e-mail options. If you could supply some more details, we'd be happy to help.

[Moderator note: I moved this post from the thread Effect on personal email of using lds.org email broadcasts, since it is a rather different topic.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mmacconnell

Wife's does not work with Yahoo mail

Post by mmacconnell »

Me wife tried using this function yesterday to send a message to all the Sisters. The computer is set to default to Yahoo Mail. When she clicks the link to email the RS sisters it launches Yahoo Mail in another tab in IE. it doe not, however, start an email message so it never populates the email addresses.

My laptop is setup to use Outlook and it works fine when I try to email any one.

Does anyone have any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmacconnell wrote:Me wife tried using this function yesterday to send a message to all the Sisters. The computer is set to default to Yahoo Mail. When she clicks the link to email the RS sisters it launches Yahoo Mail in another tab in IE. it doe not, however, start an email message so it never populates the email addresses.

My laptop is setup to use Outlook and it works fine when I try to email any one.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I wonder if the parameters being sent to Yahoo Mail exceed some sort of limit. You could test that by trying to send to a smaller group (for example, the Laurels, or the Bishopric). If that succeeds, but sending to Relief Society does not, then it's most likely that the way the list of recipients is sent to Yahoo Mail strains the capabilities of Yahoo Mail or possibly IE.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”