Tools for Elders Quorum President

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
dirtpoki

Tools for Elders Quorum President

Post by dirtpoki »

I have been the Elders Quorum President for one week and am listed on our branch directory as such. When I select "all tools" there is a line which indicates tools for your selected calling.
Question 1 - what tools does the Elders Quorum have available online and if I do have some why do they not appear.
Question 2 - when I go under the lesson schedule for our branch under Elders Quorum and attempt to enter the planned lessons for the first and fourth Sunday I am unable to change anything.

Thanks for any help you may have.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dirtpoki wrote:Question 1 - what tools does the Elders Quorum have available online and if I do have some why do they not appear.

The Elders Quorum doesn't have any tools available online at this point. There are plans for home teaching and other applications in the future (at an unspecified date), but for now, you just have the same permissions as any regular member.
dirtpoki wrote:Question 2 - when I go under the lesson schedule for our branch under Elders Quorum and attempt to enter the planned lessons for the first and fourth Sunday I am unable to change anything.

Again, the Elders Quorum has no special permissions for Lesson Schedules. For now, you need to work with an administrator (bishopric, clerk, website administrator) to get the lesson schedules entered.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Don't give up on the MLS computer in your clerks office! Learn about it and it will be your friend.
dirtpoki wrote:Question 1 - what tools does the Elders Quorum have available online
I do believe you and the RS president and the HP group leader may have some additional rights in the employment website.
dirtpoki wrote: Question 2 - when I go under the lesson schedule for our branch under Elders Quorum and attempt to enter the planned lessons for the first and fourth Sunday I am unable to change anything.
According to the help files, you should have rights to enter your lessons in your own lesson schedule. You cannot add events for the branch, such as general conference or stake conference, as a branch admin must do that. I know my wife can add a schedule and add the classes, and she is a RS secretary. Not sure if a branch has the same access rights as a ward, but, from the help files:

Go to the main Lesson schedule page, and you should see a "manage class schedules" option in brown print (near top right, by print and help option.) Don't see it? Are you properly called in MLS as President? If you do see it, you can do what you need to do.

Read help file about adding events such as general conference FIRST so you know how they will affect your schedule when done in different orders. I would ask ward admins to add any regional, stake, ward, special temple dedication and general conference events first, double check their dates, then delete and re-add my elders schedule, then add my lessons.

Choose "manage class schedules," then look for an Elders quorum schedule. If one exists, next to it on left is your edit icon, a box with a pencil. On the right is an "active" column box and a delete "x." If the schedule is "greyed out" (not active) you can activate it by checking the box. Admins could also do this for you. If it doesn't exist, make one by "add a class" on top left. These are all things my wife as RS secretary can do, so if you can't do it, something is wrong with your access or the help files are incorrect.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kisaac wrote:According to the help files, you should have rights to enter your lessons in your own lesson schedule.

That's correct. My reply was too hasty and incorrect regarding Lesson Schedules. Thanks for setting the record straight.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Hey, 9,000 plus posts, we'll let you have one hasty reply!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You'll need to have your branch clerk change your calling to a standard calling. As long as you are in the custom position they have you in right now you won't get any rights.
dirtpoki

Post by dirtpoki »

Thanks for the reply gentlemen.

Ryan, you indicated that I had a custom position set up for my calling. Do you think that was done because I am a High Priest serving as the Elders Quorum President? If so, how can the branch clerk make that a standard calling?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the clerk places you in the Elders Quorum, he should have no trouble making you the EQ President with the standard calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”