Timeline for New Wards Appearing in Online Applications

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
AileneRHerrick

Timeline for New Wards Appearing in Online Applications

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Our stake just created a new ward. I asked about new ward boundaries appearing in this thread.

Some members are transferring to an existing ward in our stake, and other members are transferring to a new ward that was just created. The ones moving to an existing ward have been transferred, but the ones moving to the new ward have not been transferred yet, and the new ward does not appear on the Maps or Directory applications (or any other one as far as I can tell).

Do you know what the timeline is for a new ward appearing within the applications online (such as the directory), or does it vary depending on leadership request?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know the paperwork, including the setting apart of the new bishop has to get to CHQ before anything is done. So the process isn't even started until well after that meeting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

A new bishopric was sustained on Sunday. Does that mean I don't have too much longer to wait? :D

I guess I'm too used to "instant information" online. Maybe the internet has made me too impatient. :)

Thanks for your input!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

AileneRHerrick wrote:A new bishopric was sustained on Sunday. Does that mean I don't have too much longer to wait? :D
It means the process didn't even start until Monday (assuming that those responsible sent in the paperwork promptly). This thread shows some of the different time lines experienced by others. It happens when it happens.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Thank you!
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

When our ward split a few months ago, it took over a week before I saw the new ward in the list, and probably about another week before people were listed correctly in the new ward. It all depends on how quickly CHQ processes the papers for the new ward, and then how quickly the new ward clerk and stake clerk get the membership data sorted out.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdcr256 wrote:When our ward split a few months ago, it took over a week before I saw the new ward in the list, and probably about another week before people were listed correctly in the new ward. It all depends on how quickly CHQ processes the papers for the new ward, and then how quickly the new ward clerk and stake clerk get the membership data sorted out.
Okay, that helps a lot! Thank you so much for your insight!

Return to “Main Church Website”