Two callings causes problems with access

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
dtolputt
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 am

Two callings causes problems with access

Postby dtolputt » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:07 pm

It appears as though my calling as Assistant Stake Clerk overrides my access to my calling as a Councilor in the Bishopric. Does anyone else have this problem ? Is there a work around ?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6149
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:26 pm

dtolputt wrote:It appears as though my calling as Assistant Stake Clerk overrides my access to my calling as a Councilor in the Bishopric. Does anyone else have this problem ? Is there a work around ?


At lds.org you can only be treated as holding one position at a time, and there is a hierarchy that is followed. Your Assistant Stake Clerk calling will override your Bishopric Counselor calling.

The only work around is to decide if you wish to keep the access allowed by your assistant stake clerk calling, or have the stake drop that calling out of MLS so that your bishopric counselor calling will determine your lds.org access.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 pm

That is in Clerk Resources. Several places multiple callings work just fine.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2030
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:31 pm

lajackson wrote:At lds.org you can only be treated as holding one position at a time, and there is a hierarchy that is followed. Your Assistant Stake Clerk calling will override your Bishopric Counselor calling.


That's a little too general of a statement. Most applications (calendar, directory and lessons) handle both callings just fine. Only the Clerk and Leader Resources application has some problems where the stake calling takes precedence.

dtolputt
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 am

Postby dtolputt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:44 pm

My personal experience is that most of the applications don't work properly for a person with 2 callings, 1 at Stake level and 1 at ward level. Both callings are in CDOL correctly. All help is appreciated.

dtolputt
New Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 am

Postby dtolputt » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Is it possible to fix the software to solve this problem ?
As I have this problem then others do also, and it limits our use of the software.

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2030
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Postby eblood66 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:52 pm

dtolputt wrote:Is it possible to fix the software to solve this problem ?
As I have this problem then others do also, and it limits our use of the software.


There is a know problem with the Clerk Resource site. That site is customized to the calling and therefore there are issues with how to customize it for more than one calling at a time. We've had a statement that they are considering out how to deal with that but no specifics have been given (include any time frame).

If you're having some other problem, you'll need to provide more details of what exactly isn't working. I, at least, haven't heard of other problems.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20781
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:52 pm

dtolputt wrote:My personal experience is that most of the applications don't work properly for a person with 2 callings,


Can you cite examples? So far only the Clerk and Leader Resources are known to have problems with dual callings.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.


Return to “LDS.org Website”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests