LDS.org account issue

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
MonteLDS

LDS.org account issue

Postby MonteLDS » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:24 pm

My father just got a tablet and I wanted him to take advantage of all that the church tools have to offer.
But ever since I made him an account on LDS.org we can't login.

kind of frustrating. just a little. a tiny bit.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Can you log in with a PC? I've found some tablets don't works with all the tools.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

MonteLDS

Postby MonteLDS » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:59 pm

I can't login on the PC or tablet.
and when i try to reset the password it won't let me. saying check the user name
of course i know the user name is right because i still got the email saying my account was activiated

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 pm

I would verify the username and not assume it has been set up correctly since a successful log on has not been accomplished yet. Go to LDS Account. Do not log on. Click "Can't Sign In". Under "Sign-in Issues" click "How do I recover my user name?". Provide the e-mail address used when the LDS Account was created to recover the user name. It will be sent to that e-mail address and you can verify it is being entered correctly.

You can also follow item 3 of the "Sign-in Issues" section to have a new verification e-mail sent to you. By following one or any of the three sign-in issues you should be able to resolve the issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

KenRichins

Postby KenRichins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Did you activate the account by clicking the link in the e-mail? if not the account is deleted after 48 hours

MonteLDS

Postby MonteLDS » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 pm

i did click on the link i got in the email, and it told me congrats and sent me a 2nd email to tell me I am done..

i will try the "how to recover my user name" but i am sure its right :) bbs

KenRichins

Postby KenRichins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:19 pm

You can call 866 406-1830 and ask for assistance with your LDSAccount sign-in. BUT they will ONLY work with the account holder as it contains confidential information.

MonteLDS

Postby MonteLDS » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:20 pm

the recover user name idea, showed that I can't read-

his id had also contained a 4 digit number and 2 of them were mixed up.

USER ERROR. *sigh*
-thanks to everyone who read this and helped.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:35 pm

I see you found the solution, but I'd caution that I've seen a significant time delay when changing the password before it becomes effective on different sites. You may just have to be patient and wait for the various church computers to talk with each other.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS.org Website”