Access to lds.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Pghassing

Access to lds.org

Post by Pghassing »

EQP in my ward can get to lds.org but when he clicks on tools and any of the following areas he gets a "not authorized" message. Have checked his membership and seems ok. Any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pghassing wrote:EQP in my ward can get to lds.org but when he clicks on tools and any of the following areas he gets a "not authorized" message. Have checked his membership and seems ok. Any ideas?
The Elders Quorum President has no access to any tools by virtue of his calling. Therefore the message is correct if he is trying to access Leader Resources or Clerk Resources. You said "any of the following areas" but didn't mention any specific areas, so I'm just guessing as to which tools he might be having problems with. Let us know what tools he's trying to access, and we can give more specific responses.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If the EQP hasn't entered his membership number into his LDS Account, the system will assume he's a non-member and will not give him access to the calendar or directory. Have him go to http://ldsaccount.lds.org to update his account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Pghassing

access to lds.org

Post by Pghassing »

aebrown wrote:The Elders Quorum President has no access to any tools by virtue of his calling. Therefore the message is correct if he is trying to access Leader Resources or Clerk Resources. You said "any of the following areas" but didn't mention any specific areas, so I'm just guessing as to which tools he might be having problems with. Let us know what tools he's trying to access, and we can give more specific responses.

When I say no access to tools I mean he clicks on "tools" and then calendar or members or anything under tools above leaders and get the error message. As just a normal member he should have access to the calendar to view upcoming events.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pghassing wrote:When I say no access to tools I mean he clicks on "tools" and then calendar or members or anything under tools above leaders and get the error message. As just a normal member he should have access to the calendar to view upcoming events.
Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant by "following areas". So it's highly likely that RussellHltn's suggestion is what's needed in this case.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Main Church Website”