Viewing Memberships in Firefox

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rmblood

Viewing Memberships in Firefox

Post by rmblood »

As a bishop, I often want to view memberships of ward members. After logging in to lds.org, I click on Tools and scroll down to the Leader Resources tab and click on that option. At that point, the "Member Lookup" option becomes available. After I type in the member's last name and select the person whose membership I want to view, I find that I really need the detail that is available on the full membership. I then select the Print Membership Record option, but all I get is a blank "New Tab ". The only way I can view the membership is to right click on the "Print Membership Record" link and select "Open Link in IE Tab". Is there a setting I can change somewhere that would allow me to just open those links right in Firefox? I'm using Firefox version 9.01. Thank you.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

rmblood wrote:As a bishop, I often want to view memberships of ward members. After logging in to lds.org, I click on Tools and scroll down to the Leader Resources tab and click on that option. At that point, the "Member Lookup" option becomes available. After I type in the member's last name and select the person whose membership I want to view, I find that I really need the detail that is available on the full membership. I then select the Print Membership Record option, but all I get is a blank "New Tab ". The only way I can view the membership is to right click on the "Print Membership Record" link and select "Open Link in IE Tab". Is there a setting I can change somewhere that would allow me to just open those links right in Firefox? I'm using Firefox version 9.01. Thank you.
It opens in a new tab as a pdf for me. I'm also on Firefox 9.01
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rmblood wrote:As a bishop, I often want to view memberships of ward members. After logging in to lds.org, I click on Tools and scroll down to the Leader Resources tab and click on that option. At that point, the "Member Lookup" option becomes available. After I type in the member's last name and select the person whose membership I want to view, I find that I really need the detail that is available on the full membership. I then select the Print Membership Record option, but all I get is a blank "New Tab ". The only way I can view the membership is to right click on the "Print Membership Record" link and select "Open Link in IE Tab". Is there a setting I can change somewhere that would allow me to just open those links right in Firefox? I'm using Firefox version 9.01. Thank you.

That works for me in Firefox 9.01 but it is a PDF document so you probably have some problem with the Adobe Acrobat plugin. You could try downloading the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader and reinstalling and see if that fixes things. Alternatively, you could try disabling the Acrobat plugin in Firefox. That should cause it to load PDFs in a separate window in the standalone Acrobat Reader.
rmblood

Post by rmblood »

Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Reader seems to have solved the problem. Thanks.

Return to “Main Church Website”