LDS Foundation content accuracy

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
RSubramanian

LDS Foundation content accuracy

Post by RSubramanian »

While browsing LDS Philanthropies' homepage around a week ago (it's probably been longer), I noticed President Hinckley's name was misspelled as "Hicnkley". I sent a notification of the error via their Contact Us web form. When it hadn't been resolved after a while, I called the phone number at the site, but was hurried off by a busy sounding receptionist. The typo is still present. In my wrath, I vowed that I'd go over the heads of the people who I've tried to notify up to this point by bringing my complaint here if the problem wasn't resolved by now.

So, that's why I'm bringing it here. Perhaps there's somebody up the technical chain of command who can run with a fix. If so, that's awesome. Thanks! But if not... well, it's just too bad.

In my opinion, this is awful. Such a mistake shouldn't stand as long as it has. Hopefully somebody here can help!

Thanks,

Rj Subramanian
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

RJ_Subramanian wrote:The typo is still present.
I still see it too.

It's in the body of the text under the heading "President Hinckley Remembered: A Video Tour" the last item on the homepage.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I'll see if I can find out who is in charge of this site and take care of it.

Tom
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Corrected

Post by richmanll »

The misspelling of President Hinckley has been corrected. (You may have to refresh your browser with CTRL+F5.) Thanks for pointing this out.
dobrichelovek

Process

Post by dobrichelovek »

Thanks for fixing it.

As I've brought up before, not to point fingers at people but to point out that something isn't working, something seems to be wrong with a process that doesn't allow the first few attempts to get the problem fixed. When things like this happen, is the process reviewed to see if it was a one-time or continuous process problem? I'm glad that this board is here to back up the processes, but once it gets here, if it HAD to come here, something might need to be tweaked so it doesn't HAVE to come here the next time.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dobrichelovek wrote:Thanks for fixing it.

As I've brought up before, not to point fingers at people but to point out that something isn't working, something seems to be wrong with a process that doesn't allow the first few attempts to get the problem fixed. When things like this happen, is the process reviewed to see if it was a one-time or continuous process problem? I'm glad that this board is here to back up the processes, but once it gets here, if it HAD to come here, something might need to be tweaked so it doesn't HAVE to come here the next time.
Great points. The review process is a constantly evolving thing. We will work harder in our efforts to be more responsive.

Tom

Return to “Main Church Website”