Plans for the ranks

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
captaz-p40

Rank title

Post by captaz-p40 »

I agree that the Tech-based titles may lead to confusion--so perhaps we should take the ranks/titles from the 'LDS' half of "LDSTech"

If the ranks/titles are based strictly on the number of posts, we should correspond them with the length written by the various authors of the Book of Mormon:
Omni (< 10 posts)
Jarom (10 - 100 posts)
Enos (100 - 200 posts)
Jacob (200 - 400 posts)
Moroni (400 - 800 posts)
Nephi (800 - 1600 posts)
Mormon .... etc.

I guess we may be uncomfortable with even an implied 'ranking' the ancient prophets (who is to say that Nephi was greater than Moroni?) Just a thought.....
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Though you could base it on how much of the book of mormon they wrote, since the titles are based on how many posts have been submitted.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Are you able to see your reputation? And what comments you recieved on which posts?
Currently this data is hidden. I don't want to create an environment where people compete for the most positive votes. The notes are for moderation purposes.

Tom
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

captaz wrote:I agree that the Tech-based titles may lead to confusion--so perhaps we should take the ranks/titles from the 'LDS' half of "LDSTech"

If the ranks/titles are based strictly on the number of posts, we should correspond them with the length written by the various authors of the Book of Mormon:
Omni (< 10 posts)
Jarom (10 - 100 posts)
Enos (100 - 200 posts)
Jacob (200 - 400 posts)
Moroni (400 - 800 posts)
Nephi (800 - 1600 posts)
Mormon .... etc.
Interesting concept. Another way to look at it is to start at the first of the Book of Mormon (new members would be Nephi) and for those with the most posts, they would have the title of Moroni. ;)
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

Would Mormon come before Mosiah (i.e. Words of Mormon) or later (after 3/4 Nephi)? Would there be multiple Nephis (1 Nephi, 2 Nephi) or would it be consolidated? Would you put Ether before Nephi or add Mahonri Moriancumr in a consecutive order? I kinda like this idea, uniquely LDS naming convention and if done in order would eliminate the ranking by page amounts.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I think you stick to the book as it is printed, not necessarily chronologically.

Tom
Cary-p40

Post by Cary-p40 »

I would prefer to be labeled as a lookieloo rather than a lurker ;-)
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Heh...good one Cary.

Tom
HansenBK

Ranking system

Post by HansenBK »

So if Tom got harsh and changed his rank to Ammon, would he lop off avatar arms?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

bh5k wrote:So if Tom got harsh and changed his rank to Ammon, would he lop off avatar arms?
I have PaintShop Pro and I am not afraid to use it. :p

Return to “Help with this forum”