Beta period, goals?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RussellHltn wrote:So now it's just the students who like tech and those just chasing a paycheck are going somewhere else?

Basically and those that really know that outsourcing will never be a threat since too many companies are homegrown and new tech jobs are opening all the time. More then any country can supply on its own. :D But since there is a great reduction in employee pool that means us techies will be in high demand. ;)
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:But since there is a great reduction in employee pool that means us techies will be in high demand. ;)
:)

As someone once told me, there's always room for the best. :D
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

kgthunder wrote:Just curious when beta will be dropped from this site?

Also, how is the site doing on the goals set earlier this year for membership, usage, etc?

I never did see any new stats for the tech site as a response for this question. Just wondering if we can see a graph of membership growth and active member growth over the last "quarter" or so, just to get an idea.

The more important part is the active membership as that is a indicator of who keeps on returning and hopefully contributing.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:I never did see any new stats for the tech site as a response for this question. Just wondering if we can see a graph of membership growth and active member growth over the last "quarter" or so, just to get an idea.

The more important part is the active membership as that is a indicator of who keeps on returning and hopefully contributing.
We are well short of what I had hoped for when we launched the site. I tend to be a very optimistic person and underestimated how long it would take for the Church (as an organizational unit) to embrace the site which I've always felt was key to it's success. However we are starting to turn the corner. With the addition of the STS and Clerks web site, and with some recent discussions with other departments, we are seeing a growing trend. Since the July we have been growing at about 25% each month. This reversed a decline for the 1st 6 months of 2007.

These numbers do not tell the whole store, however. We have a lot more users who never log in or register that visit the site. Our traffic has grown substantially.

Tom
wadeburt

Tech Website Membership

Post by wadeburt »

Just wondering how people get notified these sites/forums exist? I have been a Stake Clerk or Assistant for a very long time, and generally have stumbled on these sites.

Maybe links to the sites on the Training Page of lds.org would help? Our Stake references the training pages regularly, and I have been referencing tech.lds.org on every communication that goes out to local units.
Wade E. Burt
Gallatin Ward High Priest Group Leader
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

It has been increasing in notification through lds.org and from the tech talks. Though for starting in January of this year (at least the public release) I have to say it has come a long way.
- David

Return to “Help with this forum”