HTTP where HTTPS is more appropriate (Individual Contributor's License Agreement)

Having a problem with the Forum, Wiki, Jira or other aspect of tech.lds.org? This is the place.
jasondivy

HTTP where HTTPS is more appropriate (Individual Contributor's License Agreement)

Postby jasondivy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm not a contributor (yet), and haven't picked a project to focus on. Still, I like the idea of helping out.

I'm mildly concerned that the "Individual Contributor's License Agreement" submission page (including name, address, and phone) is submitted via unsecure HTTP.

I realize packet sniffing among Internet routers is rare. Still, I see no reason to avoid HTTPS in todays day and age for any personal data.

allenblodgett

I agree...

Postby allenblodgett » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:10 am

I agree with you, I just don't can't change it myself... (try emailing Tom)

mkmurray

Postby mkmurray » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:28 pm

jasondivy wrote:I'm not a contributor (yet), and haven't picked a project to focus on. Still, I like the idea of helping out.

I'm mildly concerned that the "Individual Contributor's License Agreement" submission page (including name, address, and phone) is submitted via unsecure HTTP.

I realize packet sniffing among Internet routers is rare. Still, I see no reason to avoid HTTPS in todays day and age for any personal data.

We're actually discussing this now as moderators. We're in the process of pointing out a few non-HTTPS sections of the site that should probably be switched to HTTPS. Thanks for your help.
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

jasondivy

Postby jasondivy » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:11 pm

No, thank you. ;)

Return to “Help with tech.lds.org”