Referrals?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scion wrote:Hmmm. I joined due to your post to a genealogy group somewhere--I don't recall which one.
I belong to FHCTech and FHCNET, so I guess it's a 50/50 call. I forgot about the other groups I belong to. I was thinking about face to face.
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

tomw wrote:What do you think of having a little friendly competition where people try to get others to sign up.
I know this forum is in beta but what does that mean exactly? Does that mean you are not actively promoting it? What criteria needs to be met to move it out of beta status?

We've had other threads that talk about sending out email notices on the various Church email lists but it seems like the forum is still running on word of mouth.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

bhofmann wrote:I know this forum is in beta but what does that mean exactly? Does that mean you are not actively promoting it? What criteria needs to be met to move it out of beta status?

We've had other threads that talk about sending out email notices on the various Church email lists but it seems like the forum is still running on word of mouth.
We are running under "beta" like gmail is running under "beta". ;) There is no specific acceptance criteria. I think that leadership wants some "cover" should things go wrong.

Let's get the word out!

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RussellHltn wrote:As a marginally social only-member, I'll just sit back and watch the fun. :p

Social-only member? Your the 3rd highest with number of posts! :D
- David
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

mkmurray wrote:I think that's a great idea...in fact, it made me think that might be a good addition to the site, some sort of "Refer a Friend" email form you could submit.

What does everyone else think?

A nice form with a pre-formatted email in which you can add your own personal message would be great.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Social-only member? Your the 3rd highest with number of posts! :D
Bad phrase on my part. Let's just say the set intersection of my tech friends and my member friends is just about non-existent.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Ahh well then make your tech friend members, I am sure there are tons of free copies of the Book of Mormon. :D
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Ahh well then make your tech friend members, I am sure there are tons of free copies of the Book of Mormon. :D
<sigh> I was afraid of that answer. :rolleyes:
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

tomw wrote:We are running under "beta" like gmail is running under "beta". ;) There is no specific acceptance criteria. I think that leadership wants some "cover" should things go wrong.

Let's get the word out!

Tom
Yes. I see the benefits of having a "cover"! Thanks for the answer and I've been trying to spread the word!
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Has anyone had any success in referring their friends and family members to this site?

I should also introduce myself. My name is Cassie and I am an intern for the Church in SLC. I am working on the content for this site. I want it to be as interesting as possible for you guys! I do not have an in depth technical background, but I do have a bit. So please, if you have any suggestions for the site or for getting the word out, let me know!

spclagntcass@gmail.com

Return to “Help with this forum”