Logging in Problems

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
jeffvand

Logging in Problems

Post by jeffvand »

I like the new site and love your use of Joomla. I did however have some issues having to log in multiple times. Any ideas?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Well we are working on a few bugs. That is why they call it beta. ;)

Seriously, a couple of things to keep in mind. Sessions expire after 30 minutes of inactivity. That would be one reason for the problem. The other reason is...well...I'll let you know when I find it. ;)

Tom
jeffvand

Seems to be working fine now

Post by jeffvand »

Is there two different log in points for the front end and the discussion forum? Hmm... not sure. Overall, though, this is fantastic. Thanks for putting this resource together.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

tomw wrote:
Sessions expire after 30 minutes of inactivity. That would be one reason for the problem.

Tom
For the first couple of days I registered here, I could stay logged in here all day. I was in and out of the room doing other things, or other things on my computer but not actively looking at this all the time and it was fine when I came back to it to look at other things. But, since then, I can be gone even for just a few minutes with doing regular household chores, or something else on the computer and click on something here and it tells me I need to log in. I know I haven't been idle for 30 minutes. I was just wondering what your guidelines are for idle time. Thanks :)
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

margiestroble wrote:For the first couple of days I registered here, I could stay logged in here all day. I was in and out of the room doing other things, or other things on my computer but not actively looking at this all the time and it was fine when I came back to it to look at other things. But, since then, I can be gone even for just a few minutes with doing regular household chores, or something else on the computer and click on something here and it tells me I need to log in. I know I haven't been idle for 30 minutes. I was just wondering what your guidelines are for idle time. Thanks :)
The session times out after 30 minutes. I just verified this. If you want to "stay logged in", click on the remember me check box when you log in and then just remember to log out if you don't feel your computer is secure and you don't want people to use the site "as you".

Tom
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

tomw wrote:The session times out after 30 minutes. I just verified this. If you want to "stay logged in", click on the remember me check box when you log in and then just remember to log out if you don't feel your computer is secure and you don't want people to use the site "as you".

Tom
Ok, thanks. I'll try that. :)
I always log out of everything before leaving to go anywhere, but thanks for mentioning that in case I didn't already do that or for others who may read this.
margiestroble

"Remember Me"

Post by margiestroble »

Tom, the "Remember Me" feature works great! As I was spending time this morning looking at things on here and also looking at our ward's webpage, I had the thought, would it be possible to have the Remember Me feature on the ward webpages too? I know lots of times I am looking through the membership list to see if any new members' records came in, checking to see if people that moved or changed their phone number has been updated yet, updating the callings, etc and I get a phone call or have to do something else and then when I get back to the ward webpage, I have to log in again. This would be a good feature for those that are at home and know that their computer is secure from others looking at something that they shouldn't.
Thanks!
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Good suggestion. Unfortunately I don't control the Local unit Web Site and so I can't make that change but we will review your suggestion as we prepare our list of features for LUWS V2.

Tom
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

tomw wrote:Good suggestion. Unfortunately I don't control the Local unit Web Site and so I can't make that change but we will review your suggestion as we prepare our list of features for LUWS V2.

Tom
Wonderful! Thanks for the consideration of this suggestion!

Return to “Help with this forum”