Editing and Deleting a post

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RussellHltn wrote:As for deleting, once you click "edit" there is a "Delete" button in there.
Ok so you have to edit the post and then you can delete it. (Can you delete posts after they have been replied to? From what I can remember you cannot edit them so most likely you cannot delete them either)
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Can you delete posts after they have been replied to?
Ohhhhh, I think there's something to that. It's either reply or a time thing. I don't see the edit button on my old posts. I do see the edit button on the one you just replied to, but then it was moved to this thread.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:I don't know if I am allowed one of those. I think Tomw has one and he keeps track of what can or cannot be done with that.
I do have a test account that I do work with. However the global settings are such that it allows people to edit and delete their own posts. However if you created a thread, it won't allow you to delete the thread. If you are having a problem, please let me know via PM.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Oh I am not having a problem, but we are trying to figure out how much normal people can edit their own posts. From what we have been able to tell only the most recent posts are editable by the author. After that only moderators and admins can edit/delete a post.
- David

Return to “Help with this forum”