Q&A Sort by hits

Having a problem with the Forum, Wiki, Jira or other aspect of tech.lds.org? This is the place.
jcarroll-p40

Q&A Sort by hits

Postby jcarroll-p40 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 pm

LDS Tech Webmaster,

On the Q&A page:

http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=14&id=41&Itemid=83

The page allows the visitor to sort by hits, offering two choices, "Hits asc" and "Hits desc," which must be abbreviations for "sort by hits, ascending" and "sort by hits, descending." However, the two are backwards. When you sort by "hits asc," the questions with the greatest number of hits are listed first. Similarly, when you sort by "hits desc," the questions with the fewest number of hits are listed first. This is backwards. Will you please correct this?

Thank you,
James Carroll

kd7mha

Sorting

Postby kd7mha » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:25 pm

jcarroll wrote:LDS Tech Webmaster,

On the Q&A page:

http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=14&id=41&Itemid=83

The page allows the visitor to sort by hits, offering two choices, "Hits asc" and "Hits desc," which must be abbreviations for "sort by hits, ascending" and "sort by hits, descending." However, the two are backwards. When you sort by "hits asc," the questions with the greatest number of hits are listed first. Similarly, when you sort by "hits desc," the questions with the fewest number of hits are listed first. This is backwards. Will you please correct this?

Thank you,
James Carroll

The sorting may refer to the popularity and not the actual number of hits.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:33 pm

I have to agree with jcarroll. It appears to be reversed. My bank does this too when sorting certain columns. Really bugs me.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

WelchTC

Postby WelchTC » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check into it.

Tom

Return to “Help with tech.lds.org”