LDSTech forum no longer allowing Edit

Having a problem with the Forum, Wiki, Jira or other aspect of tech.lds.org? This is the place.
sbradshaw

LDSTech forum no longer allowing Edit

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:14 pm

For the last few days, I've no longer been able to Edit any of my posts after posting. If I try to manually go to the edit page (editing the URL) I get a message that says:
Information
You cannot edit posts in this forum.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

kellymab

Re: LDSTech forum no longer allowing Edit

Postby kellymab » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 pm

I had that problem a few weeks ago for about a week, but it resolved itself. I'll see if I can edit this post after I submit. If I edit too many posts, I can't for a while.

kellymab

Postby kellymab » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Hmm... It is missing.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:03 am

A week later, still missing for me. I suppose it forces me to read through my messages better before posting, which is a good thing.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:19 am

Question - what happens if you set your forum preference to "prosilver'? It looks like you should be able to edit your post for up to 60 minutes. But perhaps the custom interface is missing the button.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Still not seeing the Edit button.

TimRiker
Community Administrator

Postby TimRiker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Hmm. I've looked into issues like this before. Most forums have a permissions assigned for "Registered Users" of "Standard Access". This permission set should include:

* Can permanently delete own posts
* Can edit own posts

Today I look, and those are set to "no" instead of "yes". I don't know how they got changed. I've set them both to "yes" again. Does this fix the issue?

Does anyone object to letting people edit their own posts? Or allowing them to delete their own posts?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:31 pm

TimRiker wrote:Does anyone object to letting people edit their own posts? Or allowing them to delete their own posts?

I'm pretty sure there's a time limit on edits/deletes. 60 minutes, I think. I can't see any objection to that.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:35 pm

Let me see if it works.

EDIT: It works – thanks!

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:29 am

russellhltn wrote:
TimRiker wrote:Does anyone object to letting people edit their own posts? Or allowing them to delete their own posts?

If Russell's correct that there's a 60 min time limit, then I have no objections. Otherwise moderators might not easily catch someone who went back and added advertizing, abusive language, or worse things to an existing post.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Help with tech.lds.org”