LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDSTech forum reverted to phpBB theme after logging in?

Post by russellhltn »

My first reaction is the new layout is using a smaller font. On close examination, it's not, but the black print on stark white is harder to read than the prosilver which puts it on a shaded background.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

Agreed Russell. We pushed your avatar image up there too so it's a bit more obvious that the site level area is changed, but that only helps those with profile pictures. The "quick links" menu is getting long. On a small screen some of the other navigation links collapse into that same drop down. Seemed the best choice for the UCP at the moment.

Anyone else want to comment on this or other layout choices?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TimRiker wrote:What are you seeing on the signmein and signmeout? does the url have a # in it? I don't think the redirect code is expecting a #. We'll try to reproduce that. a &signmeout added on won't work at the end of a url containing a #.
It is working on the new ldswhite so I switched to ldswhite3.1 where links seem to end with a # symbol. From the unread posts page here (with the # at the end, I notice)
https://tech.lds.org/forum/search.php?s ... nreadposts#
the Sign out link added &signmeout each time I clicked on it to create
https://tech.lds.org/forum/search.php?s ... &signmeout
which did nothing. But if I right clicked and copied the URL I got
https://tech.lds.org/forum/ucp.php?mode=logout
then pasted it into the address bar and it worked.

But as I said, the new ldswhite seems to be working.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think I found a bug - I came back to the page after a time out and tried to request "unread posts" - I was directed to a phpBB login page instead of the LDS Account one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

Hmm. the phpbb login page should redirect to the single sign on login page. I'll see if I can reproduce this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TimRiker wrote:Hmm. the phpbb login page should redirect to the single sign on login page. I'll see if I can reproduce this.
It did redirect - after I temped to use that page.

lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Ditto - I saw the same thing Russell saw. But only if I'm not logged in when trying to go to something which requires login - like the unread posts page, or clicking the link in a notification email.

Liz
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

TimRiker wrote:Hmm. the phpbb login page should redirect to the single sign on login page. I'll see if I can reproduce this.
That's where the Sign out link takes me now. [smile]

And as with the others, if you sign in at the phpBB page, you are taken to the SSO page and discover you were only practicing and have to sign in again. This happened once before when we first got the phpBB software.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Would be possible to have a theme that is prosilver with just the header and footer updated to LDS? No stretching or other changes?

TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

Sure, possible. Just not high on the priority list. Why are you looking for this? Is the new ldswhite not as functional as prosilver in some way?

Return to “Help with this forum”