LDSTech white theme - tech.lds.org

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

LDSTech white theme - tech.lds.org

Post by TimRiker »

As you may have read on the blog post:

https://tech.lds.org/blog/700

or noticed just logging in here, we pushed a new theme out and enabled it as the default. There are new themes for phpBB, joomla, MediaWiki, and the mobile download site. We will push an update to Swarm soon.

lds.org restricts the text width. On the forum I really like a fluid layout to use all of the screen. We opted for a fluid layout on all screens. I'd like opinions from those that use the site. Is the fluid layout a good thing or a bad thing? Should we restrict the width like lds.org? should we restrict it, but at some wider setting?

Please try the responsive design on mobile devices. The top menu collapses, banners go away, etc. on smaller screens.

Your feedback would be appreciated. Thank you for all you do!
lmcguire

Re: LDSTech white theme - tech.lds.org

Post by lmcguire »

Please keep the fluid width- at least for the forums.

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lmcguire wrote:Please keep the fluid width- at least for the forums.
You can select the style for the forum.

User Control Panel (up near the top of the page) > Board Preferences > My board style.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

russellhltn wrote:You can select the style for the forum.

User Control Panel (up near the top of the page) > Board Preferences > My board style.
Oh, sure, just make my vote moot! :p
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lmcguire wrote:
russellhltn wrote:You can select the style for the forum.

Oh, sure, just make my vote moot! :p
No, your vote is still valid. The vast majority of forum users use the default style, so it's important that the default style works well.

For the LDSTech theme, we have two variations: a fluid style and a fixed-width style. Although I like the fluid ldswhite style as the default, it would be nice to have a fixed-width variant of the ldswhite style. Then both camps could be happy and would be able to use the new look like LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I like having a non-default style so I can tell at a glance if I'm logged in or not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I prefer the fluid layout since I have a high resolution screen on one computer and a moderate resolution screen on another. I like to have the page adapt to the size available and not have any wasted space on the sides.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

I like the new look. And fluid as default
mevans

Post by mevans »

I prefer fluid for the default. I highly dislike the fixed width on lds.org--it's much more difficult to use with a fixed width. Please tell me there's a control panel to fix this on lds.org :)

Return to “Help with this forum”