Streaming through Flip4Magic

Having a problem with the Forum, Wiki, Jira or other aspect of tech.lds.org? This is the place.
moabgirl91k

Streaming through Flip4Magic

Postby moabgirl91k » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 am

I'm relatively new to this forum, and not sure this is the place for this post.

I subscribe to the LDSTech Newsletter and wanted to watch the upcoming broadcast. I have a MacBook Pro 2010 using OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 vs. The instructions say that I need to use Flip4Magic to stream. I cannot locate this download anywhere. I just keep coming up with Flip4Mac. Are they the same thing? If not, could you provide a link to a download. I am willing to pay for it if needed.

Thanks

sbradshaw

Re: Streaming through Flip4Magic

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm guessing they meant Flip4Mac, which allows you to play .wmv files. Another alternative would be the VLC application.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

sbradshaw

Re: Streaming through Flip4Magic

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:10 am

I'm watching the broadcast right now on Safari (OS X), and I can confirm that you don't need to download any third-party plugins or apps.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Help with tech.lds.org”