LDS Tech Talk

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Kathryn wrote:Just checked this page and noticed it doesn't include info for the upcoming tech talk in Mountain View, CA. Will this info be added? (I realize the info is available elsewhere... just curious.)

Kathryn
You can find the latest tech talk announcement here.

Tom
jay.askren

Podcast

Post by jay.askren »

There was talk of doing a podcast of the tech talks for those of us in other parts of the country/world. What ever happened to that?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

jayaskre wrote:There was talk of doing a podcast of the tech talks for those of us in other parts of the country/world. What ever happened to that?
Our request to podcast it was not approved for various legal reasons.

Tom
kolisikepu

Post by kolisikepu »

there's a few of us downunder (Australia) who would love to hear the latest on the Tech Talk.

Is there any documented "minutes" that we could read up on?? hehehe... :D;)
..::[ Kolisi Kepu ]::..
Joomla King
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

kolisikepu wrote:there's a few of us downunder (Australia) who would love to hear the latest on the Tech Talk.

There is another Tech Talk scheduled for this Wednesday (April 25th) in Mountain View California. I believe we will be posting our materials on the web after the show.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

kolisikepu wrote:there's a few of us downunder (Australia) who would love to hear the latest on the Tech Talk.

Documented no, but some others have been posting in there blogs:
cboyack wrote:My brief notes are here: http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/tech-talk
J. Max posted a link to his in another thread, they are here: http://www.sixteensmallstones.org/lds-tech-talk-report
- David
kolisikepu

Post by kolisikepu »

thank you for the reply guys. I just have to remember, I'm a day ahead of you... :D So your Wednesday will be my Thursday morning or something like that. I'll find out exactly the time difference... however, I do look forward to anything from your discussions.

Just my input with regards to the website... it's nice and clean. It's easy to use, especially for the many novice users we have around the world.

I love "opensource" apps. Reading LDS Technology Site, I was quite happy to see Joomla used for this site. I totally recommend Joomla for people who want to build their own websites. I've used Joomla now for 3 websites and have created a full working intranet at work. I've even experient with Joomla on test servers... hehehehe ;):cool:

I don't know whether wards there in the states are utilising the opportunity to have their own Ward websites, but I really would find a website useful in our Ward in Sydney. Thinking of Joomla, I thought this would be perfect for our Ward. Anyone in the ward could add contents, add calendar events quite easily... but pushing something like this in our stake is quite slow and I have to wait till you guys in the states are 20 years ahead of us before we can use the next advance software/hardware for our units. :(

However... I love the site you've created and I love the blogs written up thus far.

I look forward in reading more about "technology in the church". I would post replies if I feel I could be of any assistance.

well done!!
..::[ Kolisi Kepu ]::..
Joomla King
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

kolisikepu wrote:I don't know whether wards there in the states are utilising the opportunity to have their own Ward websites, but I really would find a website useful in our Ward in Sydney. Thinking of Joomla, I thought this would be perfect for our Ward. Anyone in the ward could add contents, add calendar events quite easily... but pushing something like this in our stake is quite slow and I have to wait till you guys in the states are 20 years ahead of us before we can use the next advance software/hardware for our units. :(

As for Ward Websites, the church hosts them currently for only those stakes in the US but is working on expanding it worldwide. If you want to read more about is search for LUWS which stands for Local Unit WebSite. As for making your own ward website I believe the church still discourages it.
- David
KathrynGZ

Outdated page www.lds.org/techtalks

Post by KathrynGZ »

tomw wrote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn Image

Just checked this page and noticed it doesn't include info for the upcoming tech talk in Mountain View, CA. Will this info be added? (I realize the info is available elsewhere... just curious.)

You can find the latest tech talk announcement here.

Tom
Right... I was just pointing out that www.lds.org/techtalks is outdated, in case that's helpful.

Kathryn

Return to “Help with this forum”