Search terms limited

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
zaneclark

Search terms limited

Post by zaneclark »

I just tried to search the Clerk forum on a missing membership number. The reply was that "membership" and "number" were too general so it only searched the word "missing." How can i conduct a search for my question?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Search terms limited

Post by russellhltn »

You can use the trick described in my signature and adapt it to searching the forum.

So go to Google and enter "missing membership number site:tech.lds.org/forum" (without the quotes).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Google really is much better... I wonder if LDSTech has looked into just using Google site search for the search box instead of their own system...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The rules for what is a "common" word have been adjusted so that many more words are now searchable. For the example from the original post, both "membership" and "number" can now be searched.

Return to “Help with this forum”