Unable to log into ldstech proper

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
jabadie

Unable to log into ldstech proper

Post by jabadie »

Hi,

I'm having trouble logging into ldstech. When I log in using my lds.org account, I get a strange error about my e-mail already being registered. This isn't a problem for the forums, wiki or Jira. I'm attaching a screenshot of the error.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 4.36.05 PM.png
Screenshot of error
(461.95 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to log into ldstech proper

Post by jdlessley »

jabadie wrote:This isn't a problem for the forums, wiki or Jira.
Since these three sites are children of LTSTech I would think there should not be a problem. Have you tried to navigate to the LDSTech main page from the LDSTech menu bar at the top of the page for the forum and the wiki and the menu at the top of the JIRA page (LDSTech | Forum | Wiki | Swarm) after signing in to any of these sites?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ArthurTucker

Post by ArthurTucker »

I'm having the same problem. I recently changed my LDS Account username. I'm sure that's causing it, but I can't seem to find a way to fix it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:
jabadie wrote:This isn't a problem for the forums, wiki or Jira.
Since these three sites are children of LTSTech I would think there should not be a problem.
There could easily be problems unique to each site. Even though they may look like "child sites" they are really totally separate sites, built on different technologies (Joomla, phpBB, MediaWiki, and JIRA). They all are integrated with LDS Account, but each system has its own integration code and unique challenges, particularly when the LDS Account user name is changed.
kpatrickcassell

Post by kpatrickcassell »

I recently changed the user name for my LDS Account. After I changed it JIRA was blank as though I didn't belong to any projects and the Projects page showed no listings. I also saw the error message from jabadie's screen shot above on the main page and the Projects page. This did not affect the Forum page. When I changed my LDS Account user name back to what it was when I registered here everything returned to normal.

Shouldn't I be able to change my LDS Account user name and have this website still work as normal?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

patrickcassell wrote:Shouldn't I be able to change my LDS Account user name and have this website still work as normal?
As I explained above, these are separate sites, with separate login credentials (even though they are synchronized with LDS Account). So changes in the LDS Account user name will require some administrative adjustments before you can sign in again, at least with the same linked account privileges as you had before.

If you change your LDS Account user name, you'll need to ask for some assistance. For the Forum, send a private message to me or RussellHltn; for the other sites, send an email to tech@ldschurch.org.

Return to “Help with this forum”