Subscription Email

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
rkotter

Re: Subscription Email

Post by rkotter »

I see something different than what you describe. When I go that page, my old email address is shown, but I cannot edit it. Regarding the password, the page shows this:

Current password: You must enter your current password if you wish to alter your email address or username.

It is NOT telling me that I can change my password, but instead it insists that I enter my current password to change my email address. However, it rejects my current LDS Account password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:You are not actually being asked for your password.
Actually, it does. It refuses to accept your "submit" if you don't fill in the current password.

My "current password" doesn't work either.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:
aebrown wrote:You are not actually being asked for your password.
Actually, it does. It refuses to accept your "submit" if you don't fill in the current password.

My "current password" doesn't work either.
Sorry, my mistake. Because you don't have to enter your password to change anything else on your profile, I assumed the email address would follow that rule, but I guess the email address is special.
rkotter wrote:It is NOT telling me that I can change my password, but instead it insists that I enter my current password to change my email address. However, it rejects my current LDS Account password.
If you will send me your desired new email address by private message, I'll change your email address for you.

We'll have to discuss the more general issue of changing email addresses with the engineers who maintain the forum software.

Thanks for your patience!
rkotter

Post by rkotter »

I've sent my desired email address by private message. Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rkotter wrote:I've sent my desired email address by private message. Thanks!
And I've changed the email address associated with your forum account.

If anyone else comes across this topic and needs to have their email address changed, please send a private message to me or the other community administrator, russellhltn, and we can easily change it for you. That will have to be the procedure for such changes until we can work with the engineers to make forum changes.
rkotter

Post by rkotter »

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue so quickly.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Something is different (fixed). No extra password requirement and can now tweak all settings.

Never had to make sense of phpBB before, just tried to keep up on Forum conversations and offer input regarding questions and concerns.

I'll wait and see about getting Forum update notifications. At least one of those I've been following has had very little activity lately. Tried unsubscribing and resubscribing just in case it might help.

John
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I'm going to resurrect this thread because I have not been getting board subscription emails in my in box. If I post something to a post I will get an email when someone post to that thread, but not what is new on the boards. I am subscribed to them and I know that my email address works, because i get the individual post.

I want to change my email address in this forum to see if that will solve the issue. I don't see anyway of changing my email address to get what is new in the boards. Who do I need to contact to have that done. I have added a second email to my LDS account, but it doesn't show up here to allow me to change it. I don't want to create another account.

Thanks for the help.
Terry
mevans

Post by mevans »

Send a PM to one of the admins (like aebrown or russellhltn) with your request. They can help you.

Return to “Help with this forum”