Line of Authority Email Form

Having a problem with the Forum, Wiki, Jira or other aspect of This is the place.

Line of Authority Email Form

Postby afterwords » Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 pm

There are several sites that mention the tool for requesting Priesthood Line of Authority. The instructions state to send a blank email to I have tried emailing this address twice now, but have not received a reply with the form I should fill out. Has the procedure changed?

Postby dwsmith2 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:22 pm

George, welcome to the forum.

The subject line of the email should read "PLA" (without the quotations). You should receive an automated response within a day (but probably sooner).

Community Moderators

Postby kisaac » Fri May 11, 2012 8:48 am

I don't know what other sites may say, but here on the forum's wiki, if statesthis:
How to request a copy of a Priesthood Line of Authority

Methods of contacting

Contact Church headquarters in one of the following ways:

• Email: with PLA in the subject line. In return you'll receive a form to fill out and return (this is an automated reply to any message that contains "PLA" in the subject line).

• Phone: 800-453-3860 ext 23500 then choose option 6, then option 3. After the message and tone leave a voice mail message with your fax number or mailing address. The form will be mailed to you.
It worked for me when I tried it. Perhaps you should try to call next?

Postby jjvander » Fri May 18, 2012 7:43 am

I have tried several times to email them with PLA in the subject line and I never got an email back. I am using the email listed above.

Do you need to give them the information in the original email or do they send a form?

Postby davesudweeks » Fri May 18, 2012 10:31 am

Several in our ward have requested this, including me, and it worked for everyone I knew did it (though that was a few months ago).
I don't know if it matters, but in my case the e-mail was blank except for the subject line that read:

Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 am

jjvander wrote:I have tried several times to email them with PLA in the subject line and I never got an email back. I am using the email listed above.

The official Line of Authority page on provides a phone number to call. If you're not having success with the email option, perhaps it is time to talk to a human about the problems you're have.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Help with”