Stake RS Presidency can't see members info across the stake

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jtyewhit

Stake RS Presidency can't see members info across the stake

Post by jtyewhit »

The 1st Counselor in our Stake Relief Society presidency wants to be able to generate a list of all the women in the stake and their birthdays. She doesn't have access to that information. Is that by design?
I looked at the access table and didn't conclude that this info is specifically restricted: https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/access-table?lang=eng It looks like they should be able to access membership profile information.

I verified that her calling is recorded correctly, i.e. Stake Relief Society 1st counselor. She's been in the calling for a while so I don't think we are waiting for that info to percolate through the system.

Any ideas? Or is it by design that the Stake RS presidency can't access this information across all the wards in the stake?

-Tyler
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Stake RS Presidency can't see members info across the stake

Post by russellhltn »

This is by design. I'll refer you to the first question of the LCR FAQs:

Why do stake and auxiliary leaders and high councilors have only limited access to LCR?
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jtyewhit

Re: Stake RS Presidency can't see members info across the stake

Post by jtyewhit »

Thank you. I just came across that tonight.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”