"Change Membership Status" Error

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: "Change Membership Status" Error

Post by Mikerowaved »

David.K.Griffin wrote:
Mikerowaved wrote:Brother Griffin, I had to speak with church HQ regarding another matter and asked them about the backlog of member LDS Account trouble ticket submissions. They told me they recently had a backlog of over a thousand, but they were down to a little over a hundred right now and quickly working through those, so I don't expect it will be too long before you receive a reply from them.
Well thanks.. still waiting for that, I guess.
This doesn't sound right. They were talking about a matter of days, not weeks, to catch up. If you haven't heard anything, then I'd suggest resubmitting your situation to them using the form at https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contact. They are usually very meticulous about these submissions. Not sure what happened with yours.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

David.K.Griffin wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Something that's happened to a number of people is that they create a LDS Account to log into a specific website (perhaps the LDS International Art Competition or Perpetual Education Fund), but then forget about it. Then when they go to sign up for an account to access their ward information, they can't because they already have an account.
Thanks, except I have no problem logging in.. I'm using my original account, since it wont let you create a new one with the same Membership record number..

I've only changed my username..
Did you try going through the process I described in this post to determine the name of the account currently associated with your membership number?
tannersherwood88@gmail.com

Post by tannersherwood88@gmail.com »

Where is that link supposed to go? Sorry this is an old thread, but I am having the same issue. I'm the EQP in my ward and I can't log in to any of our ward directories as my record number is associated with an account name I am unaware of. I have used the contact form 3 times now over the last few months, again yesterday, and I have never received a response. Any help would be appreciated, especially with MLS being phased out and home teaching reporting resources moving online now!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tannersherwood88@gmail.com wrote:I can't log in to any of our ward directories as my record number is associated with an account name I am unaware of.
Your can recover the username and reset the password for the LDS Account registered with your MRN. This is done by going to the LDS Account sign in page and clicking the "I don't know my username" link. Follow the prompts. I recommend using your MRN as the method to recover the username since you may not remember the e-mail address and mobile phone number associated with the account.

Once your recover the username and reset the password, make sure to log in to the LDS Account and update the profile with your current e-mail address and any other contact information as well as other profile preferences.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Shannongorbahn

Post by Shannongorbahn »

I have the same problem, I am super confident it is not personal. Non members can access all the information on the site however you have to be a member to order garments so somewhere when I set up my account I must of accidentally clicked I wasn’t a member, I just can’t find where to change it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Shannongorbahn wrote:I just can’t find where to change it.
https://settings.churchofjesuschrist.org/membership

You'll need your Membershp Record Number (MRN).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”