Tablet Edition of Ensign

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
dmcewen

Post by dmcewen »

More specifically, on the Kindle Fire, I get a "Cannot connect to server at this time" error when downloading the Ensign? Is there a way to download the Ensign content to a PC and transfer it to an android tablet?
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

see the thread Gospel Library in Amazon App Store for information about how to install the Gospel Library on a Kindle Fire
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
dmcewen

Post by dmcewen »

pete.arnett wrote:see the thread Gospel Library in Amazon App Store for information about how to install the Gospel Library on a Kindle Fire
Thanks Pete. LDS GL is not the problem. It is the new LDS Ensign app that does not work/connect to the server. Any thoughts on side-loading content for this app?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

ButlerRL wrote:I have an Android tablet but this app just doesn't work. It states that I am not connected to the internet even though I am. Anybody get this working on Android?

It is working on my asus trnsformer.. i like it, audio, video, text all at my fingertip.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Side-loading, e-mail a PFD version of the Ensign or other documents and you can open the PDF on the Kindle Fire
Also, you can connect the Kindle Fire to a desktop/laptop and copy a PDF to the "Documents" folder on the Kindle Fire and then use QuickOffice (click on Browse, Internal Storage, Documents, then the document name to open it)
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

The application installed just fine from Android Market to my Dell Streak (Android 2.2.2) but I can't download the content, even after waiting for hours.
When I pause or cancel the download it tells me that it can't connect to the server even though i have both WiFi and HSPA connections.
DrJ1234

Post by DrJ1234 »

dmcewen wrote:More specifically, on the Kindle Fire, I get a "Cannot connect to server at this time" error when downloading the Ensign? Is there a way to download the Ensign content to a PC and transfer it to an android tablet?

How did you get it on your Fire at all? Did you sideload it? If so, where is the apk available for sideloading?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

DrJ1234 wrote:where is the apk available for sideloading?

It's described in the wiki article Android sideloading.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ebastow

Post by ebastow »

Won't work on my Lenovo K1 Android 3.2 - Shows start page and acts like it is updating, then closes
dmcewen

Post by dmcewen »

DrJ1234 wrote:How did you get it on your Fire at all? Did you sideload it? If so, where is the apk available for sideloading?
@DrJ1234 - Temp rooted my fire, this way I have access to all the android market. PM me for the details.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”