Stake or Ward Phone Directory Template

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Note that FastStone is not available at the additional software download site for administrative computers. It may have been purchased locally. These are the additional programs available at that site.

Adobe Flash Player (2MB) Allows the Record-keeping and Auditing Training to operate properly on the local unit computer.
CutePDF™ Writer (2MB-Writer & 5MB-Converter) Print driver for documents to be printed from MLS and other applications in PDF file format to save paper and toner use.
OpenOffice (108MB) Office suite including word processing, spreadsheet, math program, database manager, drawing and instructional presentation software.
Picasa™ (5MB) Photo image editing tool that assists in sizing ward website photos.
PhotoFiltre (2MB) Photo image editing tool that assists in sizing ward website photos.
The Scriptures (CD-ROM Edition) (428MB) Online scriptures for the local unit computer.
Eraser (16 bit) or Eraser (32 bit)
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
elderlarryhawkes-p40

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

mongi3 wrote:For anyone who comes across this thread in the future, they may want to consider the project I've got posted over at sourceforge. The project is called LDS Compact Directory and can be found here: http://ldscompactdir.sf.net

This program can read either MLS or LUWS exported data and churn out a PDF file with very minimal effort. It will attempt to put everything on 1 page front and back. If that would shrink the text too much it forces additional pages.:D Just check some boxes and mash a button and your on your way. :D

Check out the page above for more info.
I bolded the line in the quote because it is true. What a slick easy tool. This should just be a feature built right into MLS. It even works with the new format of the MLS 3.1 export files.
Thanks for creating this tool, it's great.;):)
chrishelmantoler-p40

Picture Directory

Post by chrishelmantoler-p40 »

I've had to create several Picture Directories for student Wards, and I thought I would put this template out there so people don't have to keep reinventing the wheel. I've built it in MS Word so everyone should be have access to upload it. It's nothing fancy, but it is exactly what you need to get the job done. I hope you find this useful.
Attachments
Picture Directory Template.docx
(22.39 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
ruggio

Stake Directories

Post by ruggio »

I am currently developing a software program to reduce the amount of time it takes to get the StaKe Directory ready for a commercial printer. As of July 2010 I can reduce the time to get the member data into form by 90%. Please visit my website www.4cadi.com if you are interested.

Stan Ruggio

Return to “Other Member Technologies”