Magna storehouse/K2LDS

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
joemaughan1947

Magna storehouse/K2LDS

Post by joemaughan1947 »

I am a service missionary working at the Magna bishop's storehouse working every Monday and Tuesday mornings, I am also assigned to work on the third Saturday every month begining at 9:00 A.M.
The rub is I also check into the mercury western NET on 7.178 MHz at that same time every Saturday from my station at home. [AA7J]
Not being able to do both things at once I asked Bud Standford the storehouse director if I could use K2LDS and check in from the storehouse, he not only allowed it he encouraged it.
I have tried it two months in a row and it has not been a good experience.
The vertical HF antenna is so noisy that it is impossible to use.
The HF dipole will not tune up properly on 40 meters and does not propagate.
I have a 40 meter folded dipole design that does work and I am wanting to add it to the collection of antennas on the storehouse roof, Bud has given his tasid approval but suggested I get in touch with the communication coordinator who is listed as Jerry E. Wellman [ W7SAR ] in the K2LDS license file. I have no phone number for Jerry.
I know by reading the station LOG that there has not been any activity there on K2LDS since 2007 and I am wondering if there is an update that might help me understand the K2LDS mission better.
Thanks, DE AA7J [Joe]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Doing some googling turned up some interesting pages. This page in particular may be of interest. I suspect at least one of the emails given at the bottom may still be active.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”