Gossip from a FM guy

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
albanymike

Gossip from a FM guy

Post by albanymike »

Well, the gossip from my FM guy (we startled each other when I came to do cleaning, but that's another story) was something I find hard to believe. Allegedly, the Church is moving to control heat and air conditioning from Salt Lake, rather like Walmart does. The settings would be out of the reach of bishops'/BP's.

He said he was there to retrofit our building (2013). I am highly skeptical of this and I think he was yanking my chain. But it DOES sound like it would be rather interesting, in theory.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Gossip from a FM guy

Post by scgallafent »

Our relatively new building has thermostats that are managed by the FM group. We still have the ability to make temporary adjustments for activities, but the overall schedule (occupied vs. unoccupied times) was set up by the FM group after discussing it with us when the building was completed.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Our FM recently replaced all the thermostats in our meetinghouse as well. I think the same thing applies to the temples.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

scgallafent wrote:Our relatively new building has thermostats that are managed by the FM group. We still have the ability to make temporary adjustments for activities, but the overall schedule (occupied vs. unoccupied times) was set up by the FM group after discussing it with us when the building was completed.
It is amusing that our FM still hasn't changed the signs on the meetinghouse doors to reflect the two-hour meeting block.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our newest meetinghouse (about four years now) had remote thermostats installed. It was so hot the first Sunday (air conditioning would not come on and it was 98 outside) that we canceled meetings for all three wards.

The person we finally contacted in Salt Lake apologized that he was not able to adjust the thermostats for us. I suggested it may have something to do with the fact that they had not yet ordered Internet service for the new building. It was several more weeks before we finally got connected. Left hand, right hand.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

lajackson wrote:Our newest meetinghouse (about four years now) had remote thermostats installed. It was so hot the first Sunday (air conditioning would not come on and it was 98 outside) that we canceled meetings for all three wards.

The person we finally contacted in Salt Lake apologized that he was not able to adjust the thermostats for us. I suggested it may have something to do with the fact that they had not yet ordered Internet service for the new building. It was several more weeks before we finally got connected. Left hand, right hand.
You mean all I'll have to do to get a day off is sabotage the internet!?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nutterb wrote:You mean all I'll have to do to get a day off is sabotage the internet!?
We could put you in charge of the fans. [grin]

Return to “Other Member Technologies”