Latex Sunday Program Template

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
egbarnes

Latex Sunday Program Template

Post by egbarnes »

I created this Latex Sunday Program template in order to make it easier to generate a new program fast and make it look nice.

This link will lead you to the template:
https://www.overleaf.com/read/frhvrgwqffph#/58965140/

Also, attached is a text file containing the code.

Note that this may be geared more towards a single's ward, but it is easily modifiable if you are versed in Latex.

I hope this helps.
Attachments
sundayProgramTemplateLatexCode.txt
Latex Sunday Program Template code
(7.37 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
munaish

Re: Latex Sunday Program Template

Post by munaish »

Thanks! I really appreciate that.
bigTaz38

Post by bigTaz38 »

Where can I find pictures for the Sunday Program cover that do not use too much toner? In this area we do not have colored printers. When a colored picture is printed, it's too dark!
Thank you. Claudette Taylor ftcmtaylor@icloud.com
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

claudetteM38 wrote:Where can I find pictures for the Sunday Program cover that do not use too much toner? In this area we do not have colored printers. When a colored picture is printed, it's too dark!
Thank you. Claudette Taylor ftcmtaylor@icloud.com
If you have access to an image manipulation program, you could save the picture to a local file and edit the file to lighten it up. On Linux, I use the GIMP to edit images. I don't know whether the GIMP is available for other operating systems.
munaish

Post by munaish »

GIMP is freely available for Linux, Windows and OS X: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you use Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or something similar to prepare your sacrament meeting program, there are built-in options to make the image grayscale and adjust the brightness/contrast, without needing to go to an external image editing program. Doing that before you print will create a clearer image than letting the printer try to figure out how to convert the colors to black and white. You can also find images that were designed in black and white. For example, here's a good collection on the Media Library: https://www.lds.org/media-library/image ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
munaish

Post by munaish »

Is there anything that says you have to have pictures on the program?

(Removed the edit quoted in a reply, because it was wrong!)
Last edited by munaish on Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mark_h_dewey wrote:Edit: I checked it out, and apparently, there's nothing that says every ward has to have a sacrament meeting program.
True. But Handbook 2: 18.2.2 does say:
Announcements (if possible, most announcements should be printed so they do not take time in sacrament meeting; the bishopric may give essential announcements briefly before the opening hymn)
The "If possible" does seem to indicate that this is a pretty strong recommendation. The recent call to reduce the number of over-the-pulpit announcements would add to this.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
munaish

Post by munaish »

@russelhltn

Thanks! It's good to know stuff like that. I should have researched a lot more before making a statement like that (although I do admit that announcements and programs could be different things, but people would probably prefer to keep them together, and you might as well do a program if you're doing announcements).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I have visited wards there the "program" was just a single half-sheet of paper. I think one side was the program, the other side was announcements and contact information. Obviously, no room for a cover picture.

It does seem like a cost-saving measure (only print half as many pages), as well as possibly faster (paper cutter instead of folding).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”