iPads for Missionaries

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
gmildon

iPads for Missionaries

Post by gmildon »

Hello,

My daughter has been out in the mission field for a few months now she was asked to purchase a Samsung tablet and its now not working properly. Did the church discontinue the use of Ipads and if so why, they seem to work better.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: iPads for Missionaries

Post by russellhltn »

gmildon wrote:Did the church discontinue the use of Ipads and if so why, they seem to work better.
I'd imagine the big issue was cost. Plus the iPad might have made the missionaries a target for theft.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: iPads for Missionaries

Post by davesudweeks »

Related thread linked below which indicates the church has switched the standard from Ipads to Samsung Galaxy units. No reason is given as to why.
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27668

My daughter is getting ready to leave in about 30 days and we have been advised by her mission president to consider a service contract as they are expensive to fix.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”