Ward Mission Program

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
User avatar
WelchTC
Senior Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Kaysville, UT, USA
Contact:

Postby WelchTC » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 am

This is a great list of requirements! Let's formalize this in a document and I can then post it on the project site as well.

Tom

JasonG-p40
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Pampa, Tx

Postby JasonG-p40 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:24 pm

Nicely done, KG. Thank you for putting that together for us.
Jason D. Griffith
Pampa Ward, Amarillo Stake (Texas)
Community Guidelines

tcpaki
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:18 am
Location: Sydney, AUS

reporting help

Postby tcpaki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:32 am

tomw wrote:Reports was next on my list. As you can see from the application, there is a "reports" module but it does not do anything yet. I was thinking on using JasperReports as the reporting engine. We could use iReports to create report files.

I love your vision on where we could go with this project. If anyone is interested, we could have a chat session and I could talk about how the program is structured and we could make some decisions on next actions to take.

Tom


hi tom,
i'm a swing/j2ee developer and have been tying together a plethora of open source libraries/apis for several clients... i have pretty extensive experience with the JasperReports reporting engine, and report design with iReport. i'd be more than happy to help out with any gui / reporting issues you'd like help on.

i've also been developing a web-app to track all aspects of church meetings (reporting, assignments, minutes, etc)... it's based on Grails and tries to cope with the typical workflow of an "LDS" meeting...

that's just a shameless plug, but i'd love to help on the WMP!
cheers,
tamati

Calprinter-p40
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Postby Calprinter-p40 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:21 pm

I am new to LDS tech and would like to know how to download your program Tom, I woiuld like to try it in our ward.

Thanks

User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby mkmurray » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:42 pm

Calprinter wrote:I am new to LDS tech and would like to know how to download your program Tom, I woiuld like to try it in our ward.

Thanks

This is the link he gave in the very first post of the thread.

User avatar
WelchTC
Senior Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Kaysville, UT, USA
Contact:

Postby WelchTC » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:27 am

tcpaki wrote:hi tom,
i'm a swing/j2ee developer and have been tying together a plethora of open source libraries/apis for several clients... i have pretty extensive experience with the JasperReports reporting engine, and report design with iReport. i'd be more than happy to help out with any gui / reporting issues you'd like help on.

i've also been developing a web-app to track all aspects of church meetings (reporting, assignments, minutes, etc)... it's based on Grails and tries to cope with the typical workflow of an "LDS" meeting...

that's just a shameless plug, but i'd love to help on the WMP!
cheers,
tamati

AWESOME! I'd love the help. Let me know a time when we can chat online and I can share with you where I am at and what specifically I could use help with. I'd like to get the reporting started.

Tom

User avatar
WelchTC
Senior Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Kaysville, UT, USA
Contact:

Postby WelchTC » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:51 am

Calprinter wrote:I am new to LDS tech and would like to know how to download your program Tom, I woiuld like to try it in our ward.

Thanks

Definitely let me know what you think! Also, if you want to help out, we can make it much better than it current is.

Tom

Calprinter-p40
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Postby Calprinter-p40 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:47 am

I see no link refered to in Toms 1st msg nor in your response, What am I doing wrong?

Calprinter-p40
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:33 pm

Postby Calprinter-p40 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:13 am

I discovered that if I mouse over the word link I get to the site. Pardon my question.

tcpaki
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:18 am
Location: Sydney, AUS

Postby tcpaki » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 am

tomw wrote:AWESOME! I'd love the help. Let me know a time when we can chat online and I can share with you where I am at and what specifically I could use help with. I'd like to get the reporting started.

Tom


that sounds great! i must admit that i'm coming into a very busy week, so i'll have to get back to you on a suitable time, but in the meantime, i'll checkout a copy of the src and have a play.
look forward to chatting soon.
cheers,
tamati


Return to “Other Member Technologies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest