List of iPhone app developers on forum

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
jwharton-p40

Post by jwharton-p40 »

tomw wrote:We are just getting started with a community project to develop an official iPhone (and eventually other platforms) version of the scriptures. Search for "iPhone" on the lds Tech wiki.

Tom
I've already made a program just for fun that works quite well on iPhone.

http://www.scripturebrowser.com

Jason
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jwharton wrote:I've already made a program just for fun that works quite well on iPhone.

http://www.scripturebrowser.com

Jason
Thank you for freely sharing your work! I have it bookmarked on my iPhone and also on my desktop....
Thomas_Lerman

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

Another great and free site with even more . . . http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/
rhoades20-p40

Post by rhoades20-p40 »

I am now an iPhone developer. When looking for cool apps, I couldn't believe there wasn't a Liahona app already available. So I learned Objective C and created it. I hope to work on more apps in the future.
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

rhoades20 wrote:I am now an iPhone developer. When looking for cool apps, I couldn't believe there wasn't a Liahona app already available. So I learned Objective C and created it. I hope to work on more apps in the future.
I couldn't believe you beat me to it, truth be told :). Have you considered adding a feature that allows the user to specify a series of messages which appear when shaken? A lot of people I know would have a blast "scripting" the Liahona and sharing it with their friends, as a gag or otherwise. I hadn't thought of pointing to the nearest temple though, that's a great idea.
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

Responding to the original intent of this thread: I'm an iPhone developer too. My recent work includes YouLearn: U.S. State Flags and MyWard (and Stake).

I think there's a lot of opportunity for collaboration in the LDS iPhone market. You'll see what I mean when MyWard v3 is approved by Apple. Ah, the joys of the approval process.

Edit: Wow, Apple approved it within 17 hours! That's a record!
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

hiltonc wrote:I think there's a lot of opportunity for collaboration in the LDS iPhone market. You'll see what I mean when MyWard v3 is approved by Apple.
Oh wow, you guys integrated with the LDSScriptures app (which I already own)! Very cool to see you guys collaborating like this!
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

Thanks! We certainly had a lot of fun with it :).

I attended some iPhone tech talks a few months ago, and the keynote speaker made some interesting remarks. He talked about how users enjoy having a lot of little apps that each do one thing well. They don't want to buy a platinum Swiss Army knife... they want to get the individual apps that they enjoy and use them together to accomplish their goals.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

mkmurray wrote:Oh wow, you guys integrated with the LDSScriptures app (which I already own)! Very cool to see you guys collaborating like this!
Which scripture app is that? I have the one from StandardWorksApp.com
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

It's actually the one by LDSScriptures.com.

I sent a message to Standard Works through their website just over a week ago, they must not have been interested. I'd love to work with them though. Maybe it just slipped through the cracks?

Return to “Other Member Technologies”