RAR Strengths/Weaknesses

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Brad O. wrote: Like mkmurray, I'm not sure whether the official Church project will include multiple languages for phase 1.

Brad O.
We would like to have internationalization support in V1. Which countries, however, will be dependent upon who can help with the translation.

Tom
leejj

Post by leejj »

I can help provide the translation for Traditional Chinese if needed. :D
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

And I for Portuguese, don't forget, hehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!
brado426

Post by brado426 »

Brad O. wrote:RAR is open for anyone to sign up in any country. Multiple languages is not currently supported, but the contact types can be customized to be in any language. Like mkmurray, I'm not sure whether the official Church project will include multiple languages for phase 1.

Brad O.

Just an FYI,

RAR is no longer open for anyone to sign up. We had a huge influx of new registrations, which has included a huge amount of technical support requests.

We have implemented a registration password that is required for new groups to register. To get this registration password, you must know someone else that is already registered and rely on that person for helping you get started. Simply ask the registered person to login and give you the password from the Supervisor Menu.

We need to resort to this because:

• RAR is not being funded or supported by any organization
  • We are not getting any volunteers to help answer support questions
  • We need to rely on registered users to assist with training others how to use the system
  • Due to the rules that RAR is bound by, it is impossible to fix the key issues that are causing a majority of the technical support requests

Thanks,

Brad O.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”