Church Magazine Tracking Info

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

You can also email the distribution center at help@store.lds.org requesting the information. Provided your email is listed in CDOL with an appropriate calling (Ward Clerk, Bishopric member, etc.) they will email a copy of the data to you.

(Unfortunately when we got ours it didn't seem to be of much use - many listings were for addresses outside of our ward...)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:many listings were for addresses outside of our ward...)

That would be real nice if it was for inactive members you were about to send to "address unknown".

However, I suspect that the subscription are not tied to the membership records, so Deseret's information on who is in your ward is seriously out of date.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

RussellHltn wrote:That would be real nice if it was for inactive members you were about to send to "address unknown".

However, I suspect that the subscription are not tied to the membership records, so Deseret's information on who is in your ward is seriously out of date.
LOL :) Actually, I have to retract my statement. I just looked over the list again and it appears there are only a few errant entries. One of a family that got "boundary-changed" out of the ward and a couple that wouldn't be tied directly to members: one to a dental office nearby (but not in ward boundaries) and one to a neighboring ward (listed as WARD, <NAME> C/O BISHOP <NAME>). The last one gave us a good laugh. :)

The customer service agent offered to remove the ones that were not actually in our ward, but that still leaves the question of how they get on the list...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mfmohlma wrote:. . . but that still leaves the question of how they get on the list...

If they lived in your ward when they subscribed, or if they did not identify a ward, but their address is in your ward, they are on your ward list as far as Distribution Services is concerned. You should see the list for a ward with mostly active duty military members!
kylejamesryan

Re: Church Magazine Tracking Info

Post by kylejamesryan »

Can we now download the list of members with active magazine subscriptions from MLS or lds.org at this point?

Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kylejamesryan wrote:Can we now download the list of members with active magazine subscriptions from MLS or lds.org at this point?
You have responded to a very old post. There was never a list of subscribers in MLS, and I do not believe it is available at LDS.org either.

In days of yore, Distribution Services sent a list to each ward and that is how we got the list of subscribers. I do not believe they do that as a general rule now, but I suppose if you wanted to run an old fashioned magazine drive in your ward, they might prepare a list for you and sent it to your bishop.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Considering that magazines are available in LDS tools, I'm not sure as the old magazine drive is as important as it used to be.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”