Internet Mission Office System Predecessor

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
kd7mha

PDF document

Post by kd7mha »

kd7mha wrote:I have rotated the above .pdf document
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=F.32 ... acc930b778

I tried to attach it to my post but kept getting an error
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

mattgarner wrote:Hmm. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember what the original password was or I would have removed it.
Assuming Matt's desire to remove the password was sincere, the following link has the editing PW removed.
http://grovesnet.org/LDS_Tech/AAM_MDS_Pres.ppt

...and this is a high quality (correctly oriented) PDF version.
http://grovesnet.org/LDS_Tech/AAM_MDS_Pres.pdf

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting. Great job on the user interface. Seems like I've seen it somewhere before. :D

One thing I noticed is it said the login was tied to the IP. So would that prevent two ZLs from updating at the same time from the same FHC (since I believe the entire FHC would have but a single public IP)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mattgarner-p40

Post by mattgarner-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote: One thing I noticed is it said the login was tied to the IP. So would that prevent two ZLs from updating at the same time from the same FHC (since I believe the entire FHC would have but a single public IP)?
Just meant to say that a session ID, not user name, is locked to the IP address used when logging in and not
valid from any other IP. Session IDs are passed as an argument in every internal URL and cookies are not
used. That prevents someone from sending an internal link to someone else. For example, if I logged in and
then copied any URL displayed post-login, to an email or bookmark or something, it would not work on other
networks (different IP) or on my own computer a bit later on (session timeout). Helps to prevent malicious
session hijacking, as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mattgarner wrote:That prevents someone from sending an internal link to someone else. For example, if I logged in and then copied any URL displayed post-login, to an email or bookmark or something, it would not work on other networks (different IP) or on my own computer a bit later on (session timeout). Helps to prevent malicious session hijacking, as well.
Got it! Thanks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”