Resource Center Tracking System

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
jtwitchell

Post by jtwitchell »

MorettiDP wrote:I am in the last fase of my technical course and I need to program a software as an "Course Conclusion Project". I have the idea to create a Resource Center software with the same characteristics of MLS, like appearance and disposition of contents.

Obviously I can't submit to the community the software to the community to help building it before my graduation, but the software will be most simply (because I am writing it sole). After my graduation, on November I can post it to your help in develop, with all documentation and translated to English.

The program is write in Delphi 7, have some features of other library softwares and will be "donated" to the Church after the project. If the Church will adopt it or no, it isn't my problem, hehehehe ;-)
I will be interested to see what you have. Is there an option in your program to select different languages based on the user? The reason I ask is because in our stake we have a Spanish speaking branch and we share the library with them. It would be good for us to just have to run one program instead of many.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
jtwitchell

SourceForge Projects

Post by jtwitchell »

For all those that are interested to join the SourceForge project, you can send a message to me and I can add you to the project. You will need a SourceForge user name and please include that in your message.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I can't make a "language selection" in these first release because is a rule of my school work that the program need to be write in Portuguese only. I don't know Spanish so good to translate the program to that language (my English translation will have translation problems, I believe). Because of it I have the idea of, after the project presentation to SENAC, give the program to the community to help in develop more features. It can be another choise to your project net_runner, or, after the work presentation, we can put these two projects together. It can be easy because I need to prepare all documentation to the software, and it can be easy the "translation" to another programation language, like the Church's standard Java (good to linux and Mac users too).

My original idea is it: If the meetinghouse have only one computer (the Church's computer) the software can be installed on that machine. The ward librarian or meetinghouse librarian can make their service in printed forms and after use the software to put the forms on the computer. The software can, before it, make other reports, like lease materials, need to purchase materials, etc. If the meetinghouse library have a computer, the work can be fast, make in the software directly.

Next week I go have a true published interface (I need more help from my teacher to end the graphic of the program). I can post photos on next sunday (I believe).

And thanks for the interest!
jtwitchell

Post by jtwitchell »

Is you system able to run on Linux or Windows 98? That is one of our setbacks right now...
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I can't know what type of OS I can implement at these release, because I am using Delphi 7 and don't learn about OS compabilities with Delphi 7. If you know more about it, or have time to search (I don't have much today), pelase, post here.

Remember that it's a student project, and I believe that it will be far from perfect for implementation to whole Church. But after the project presentation the community help will be wonderful to best the software.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”