FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
dotson98

Post by dotson98 »

Well, turns out that great minds think alike!

I have been talking about creating a ticketing system for our Stake to submit issues to the FM group. If they liked it, they would have been welcome to ask their remaining stakes to use it. My hope was that the church would see it and want to duplicate (replace) it with one that was church-wide.

I registered "myPFR.org" just for this purpose. I had installed a free ticketing system (OTRS) and was dragging my feet on configuring it. I think the procrastination was actually inspiration! :)

I read through the flowcharts of how issues are reported and escalated and it is exactly how I was going to design the ticketing system, and is how I have insisted that issues get reported by my stake.

So, I'm feeling pretty good :)

Ok, all kidding aside, this addresses a HUGE problem that I was blind-sighted by: lack of customer service and accountability in the stake/FM relationship.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

dotson98.... This is one of those areas that I've mentioned earlier. There are a few key things that ALL Wards and Stakes do, like the ticketing solution for MF.. you've spent dozens of hours, I've spent a dozen hours, and on and on... how many thousands of dozens of hours volunteers put in. We are all in the same position when it comes to considering, selecting, calling, sustaining, setting apart.. that happens at both ward and stake levels, there is also the issue of MP advancement, and positions in the ward that require stake approval, sustaining, calling, setting apart, etc... again, my thinking is that thousands of dozens of hours of volunteer time spent doing something the church can centralize.

We hadn't heard that FIR was being developed, could someone maybe leak the fact that this other area is being considered or not? If not, please, how do we get it requested?
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

I'm part of the pilot - and I've just added an 'Issue'. A couple of things I was wondering are why the system asks me for my phone number and email address when it should already have it from my LDS Account credentials? Also - I logged an issue - but the fields for setting the Priority weren't available to me? Is the priority a local request, or what the FM deem the priority to be?
dotson98

Post by dotson98 »

JohnShaw wrote:dotson98.... This is one of those areas that I've mentioned earlier. There are a few key things that ALL Wards and Stakes do, like the ticketing solution for MF.. you've spent dozens of hours, I've spent a dozen hours, and on and on... how many thousands of dozens of hours volunteers put in. We are all in the same position when it comes to considering, selecting, calling, sustaining, setting apart.. that happens at both ward and stake levels, there is also the issue of MP advancement, and positions in the ward that require stake approval, sustaining, calling, setting apart, etc... again, my thinking is that thousands of dozens of hours of volunteer time spent doing something the church can centralize.

We hadn't heard that FIR was being developed, could someone maybe leak the fact that this other area is being considered or not? If not, please, how do we get it requested?

I've got to say, it seems that more development time is spent with applications that regular members will use. Applications that would be used by unit administrators seem to get less development resources and attention. Your assessment seems to hit the nail on the head.
aaronwjohnston

Post by aaronwjohnston »

Hello, everyone. I'm new to LDS Tech. I'm the Stake Physical Facilities Rep in our stake. We just joined the FIR Pilot. And we're in the process of getting all our Ward Physical Facilities Reps (PFRs) entered into MLS so that they can participate. Reporting facilities issues and monitoring their progress has been a big issue in our stake, so we're thrilled to be in the pilot. We'll see how it goes. Wish us luck.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Headquarters is working on updating the FIR user manual so that it will have a section about using standard MLS positions and not custom MLS positions
Ward/Branch: Building Representative
Stake: Stake Physical Facilities Representative

There are several sources:
1) Click here to access the official source: Handbook 2: Administering the Church
Then scroll down and click on "19. Callings in the Church"
Then scroll down and click on "Chart of Callings"

2) Click here to access the WiKi: Callings
Then scroll down to "Resources" and select the PDF of MLS callings you want to view:
Standard Ward Callings: (PDF) A list of all the standard ward callings
Standard Stake Callings: (PDF) A list of all the standard stake callings

3) MLS (Ward/Branch or Stake) desktop:Click here to access the WiKi about how to view in MLS application the "Difference between standard positions and custom positions"
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This Pilot has been going on for a while, is there an end in sight? FM got a message that said 2 weeks about 1 month ago? Can someone sign up for the pilot?
pete.arnett

Updated Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) System User’s Manual

Post by pete.arnett »

They are getting closer

Please review and post any comments or suggestions to this thread about the attached updated FIR user's manual

Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) System
User’s Manual
Dated: 29 March 2012
FIR Documentation 120329_1.pdf
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 524 times
Thanks,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
pete.arnett

FIR is Getting Closer

Post by pete.arnett »

Rumor: "The Pilot of FIR will be officially expanded to all of US and Canada as of May 14, 2012. Notice will be forthcoming to all Stake Presidents with in the week."

Note: It is still a pilot system

Facility Issue Reporting (click here to view the FIR Wiki)
Thanks,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

won't be here fast enough!

Return to “Other Member Technologies”