FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
wiseman13

Re: FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot

Post by wiseman13 »

I can confirm it is working for me. Now to clear out my backlog of issues.
Mikerowaved wrote:Looks like it's working again.
ericbbuhler

Standard Calling not available in MLS to use FIR

Post by ericbbuhler »

I have downloaded the User Manual for FIR and our Stake is an approved pilot for FIR. The Manual states that a Ward Building Representative would have access to FIR. However, we have the most current version of MLS and the Standard Position is not available to select as a calling. We still have to use the Custom Building Rep calling. How do we get an updated list in MLS of Standard Callings so that our Ward Building Rep can use FIR?
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Our Stake (Venice Italy) is using it and BRs (Building Rappresentative) are allowed, and really did, to insert new issue.
I can't see wich calling are they holding on MLS (I've no access to it and web directory is not in sync) so I can't be useful on this.
Biggles

Re: Standard Calling not available in MLS to use FIR

Post by Biggles »

ericbbuhler wrote:I have downloaded the User Manual for FIR and our Stake is an approved pilot for FIR. The Manual states that a Ward Building Representative would have access to FIR. However, we have the most current version of MLS and the Standard Position is not available to select as a calling. We still have to use the Custom Building Rep calling. How do we get an updated list in MLS of Standard Callings so that our Ward Building Rep can use FIR?
I'm not in front of MLS at the moment, but if you check under Facilities the Standard Calling of Building Representative should be listed. The sub heading of Facilities might be under Other.
pete.arnett

FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Mobile App

Post by pete.arnett »

New Mobile App, if your Stake/District is using FIR

"The Meetinghouse Facilities Department is widening the release of an application called Facility Issue Reporting or FIR that simplifies the reporting of facility issues to the local facilities management office. This tool makes it simple and easy to report facility issues directly to the facilities manager or administrative assistant.

Please note that the stake physical facilities representative is no longer required to escalate issues to the facilities manager.

The updated desktop version will be accessible on the Internet March 19, 2015 at lds.org/fir or on LDS.org.

The mobile version will be available April 17, 2015 and can then be downloaded to tablets or smart phones from the Apple® App Store or Google® Play store by searching for LDS FIR.

Members of stake or ward councils can access the system using their authorized LDS account.

FIR is also accessible by other Church department personnel in Seminaries and Institutes, welfare facilities, and missions."
pete.arnett

FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Website Updated

Post by pete.arnett »

If your Stake/District is using FIR

The new FIR website has been updated using the same URL

The great news is that it has been simplified

From "Help" on the new version of the FIR website
"How do I report an issue to my Facilities Manager in FIR?"
"In the FIR system, you can report an issue directly to the FM office. By using the ‘Report Issue’ screen, you can report all applicable information on a specific issue found in the facility and add pictures to help the FM better understand the issue you are reporting. After you submit the issue, the system automatically notifies the FM immediately."

"How can I access the Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) tool?"
"An LDS account is required to access the FIR system. If you need an LDS Account, you can set one up at https://ldsaccount.lds.org. The ward or stake clerk must also set up the user with the appropriate authorized position in Member and Leader Services (MLS) before they can access the FIR system."
pete.arnett

Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Mobile Version

Post by pete.arnett »

If your Stake/District is using FIR

The mobile version should be available May 21, 2015 and can then be downloaded to tablets or smart phones from the Apple® App Store or Google® Play store by searching for LDS FIR.

Members of stake or ward councils can access the system using their authorized LDS account.

FIR is also accessible by other Church department personnel in Seminaries and Institutes, welfare facilities, and missions.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

It appears that the mobile FIR application will be available at a later date than previously stated
AcheampongIK

Post by AcheampongIK »

I cannot find the app on google play
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

AcheampongIK wrote:I cannot find the app on google play
Please see the post just before yours.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Other Member Technologies”