FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
jeromer7

Re: FM: Facility Issue Reporting (FIR) Pilot

Post by jeromer7 »

aebrown wrote:Our stake's PFR shows up in CDOL in the Facilities organization with the standard calling of "Stake Physical Facilities Representative."
jeromer7 wrote:... though there's no CDOL entry for SBS either and that role seems to be able to get in according to above posts.
That's certainly odd. Is there any chance that your SBS has some other calling as well that allows access to FIR?
I do not have an SBS assigned in my Stake MLS.
aebrown wrote:And I'm not quite sure what you mean by "that role seems to be able to get in according to above posts." Do you mean that you don't see a CDOL entry for an SBS in your stake, but the person with the SBS calling in your stake can still get in to FIR? Or are you assuming that situation is true for other stakes? I've never heard of a case where an SBS has no entry in CDOL but still can get into FIR.
I was referring to previous posts, e.g. #68, that indicated the SBS, if defined in Stake MLS, could access FIR. I see now I was just confusing the issue.

My point was that I do have an individual identified in the standard position of Stake Physical Facilities Representative showing in the Facilities area of Other Organizations in Stake MLS, but there is no "Facilities" area in CDOL for my stake as there is in your stake.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

I will try this tonight, however, I'm not confident it will work. I had the SPFR defined prior to MLS 3.5.1 and didn't realize there was a problem until the high councilor in that role contacted me last week saying he couldn't access FIR. So I checked the Stake MLS and sure enough, the PFR was not defined in the Facilities area of "Other Organizations." I added him in and did a S/R. I waited two days and saw no change in CDOL for that. Last Sunday I made other changes and they show up today, but still no "Facilities" or PFR.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jeromer7 wrote: I added him in and did a S/R. I waited two days and saw no change in CDOL for that.

If you added him in early December that could be the problem. CDOL was losing data sent from MLS during that time.
jeromer7 wrote:Last Sunday I made other changes and they show up today, but still no "Facilities" or PFR.
That won't show up until you do something to trigger MLS to resend it.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

The PFR was added on Jan 18, but never showed up in CDOL even though changes I made on Jan 20 did.

Anyway, last night I changed the set apart radio button as suggested and did a Send/Receive. When I checked CDOL this morning, much to my surprise, the Facilities section is now there in Show All Positions and the PFR entry is defined. Not sure why it didn't take the first time, but the end result is all that matters.
dotson98

Post by dotson98 »

So, after using FIR for several months, I'd sure like to offer suggestions to the developers. I've clicked on the link provided and submitted it, but so far, seems to have been ignored / unanswered.

The main problem I have is that I don't get notified when a new issue is submitted...
wiseman13

Post by wiseman13 »

Hello,

I have been using FIR for a long time now and I went to check the status of my issues on Monday March 4 and was unable to access the site. Today I tried again and the site is giving me random errors and not loading properly.

1. login at lds.org
2. click tool and then FIR
3. click continue on the information popup: https://www.lds.org/fir
4. Receive the following error at this url: https://www.lds.org/FIR/ViewIssues
Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request:
Error: Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper'.
The website administrator has been notified. Please click here to return to the website.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

It was working fine last Sunday, but it's definitely having some problems now. Once every 3 or 4 attempts I can get past the initial error screen, but even then it just sits and spins trying to bring up our stake's FIR issues. Smells like a database that needs rebuilding.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Looks like it's working again.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hirsp1

Post by hirsp1 »

Just a quick note: If your FM group hasn't notified your stake that you're in the pilot, it won't matter if you use it or not.

Our FM didn't even know it existed. A couple of bishops in our stake submitted items through it and then were frustrated when it didn't work. There is now a message that pops up notifying users that if they haven't heard about it from other sources (ie, their priesthood leaders who learn about it from the local FM) that they shouldn't use it.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Our FM Group is encouraging the stakes reporting to them to utilize FIR, but can anyone verify if it's still considered a Pilot? It's been well over a year now and I don't remember seeing anything official either way.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”