Video Output Too Small

Conversations around originating a webcast for conference, including cameras and mixers.
JeffWidgren

Video Output Too Small

Postby JeffWidgren » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:16 pm

We broadcasted Stake Conference today and no matter what we set the broadcast quality to, the video image on the receiving end was always 320x180 (i believe). Then naturally when going full-screen to project the broadcast would create a very blurry video image.

We've had better success than this in the past... when we would select "low quality" it would be a small output, and when we selected "medium or high" it would produce a larger output.

I don't see any other options available to control this. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Are you using the Webcast Communicator box, or the Meetinghouse Webcast software?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

JeffWidgren

Postby JeffWidgren » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:46 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:Are you using the Webcast Communicator box, or the Meetinghouse Webcast software?

We are using the software on our laptop.

Aczlan

Postby Aczlan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:39 pm

JeffWidgren wrote:We are using the software on our laptop.

Which version are you using? The current one (3.x), or the older one (2.x)?

Thanks

Aaron Z

JeffWidgren

Postby JeffWidgren » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Aczlan wrote:Which version are you using? The current one (3.x), or the older one (2.x)?

Thanks

Aaron Z

Version 3.01.101

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Jeff, instead of us asking 50 questions, could you please give us a rundown of your setup? Notebook make/model/processor type & speed/RAM/OS version, video capture device make/model/version (I'm assuming it's USB), video camera make/model, Internet access speed UP/DOWN, audio capture path (USB device/notebook audio/other?), configuration settings in the Meetinghouse Webcast software, etc.

Thanks.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

JeffWidgren

Postby JeffWidgren » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:Jeff, instead of us asking 50 questions, could you please give us a rundown of your setup? Notebook make/model/processor type & speed/RAM/OS version, video capture device make/model/version (I'm assuming it's USB), video camera make/model, Internet access speed UP/DOWN, audio capture path (USB device/notebook audio/other?), configuration settings in the Meetinghouse Webcast software, etc.

Thanks.

Laptop: HP EliteBook 8440p (1394 Firewire Input from Video Capture)
Processor: Quad Intel Core i5 M540 @ 2.53GHz
RAM: 4GB Memory

Video Camera: Sony AVCHD HDR-SR12 (Composite Out to Video Capture)
Video Capture: Canopus ADVC 110 (Composite Input/1394 Firewire Output to laptop)

Internet: Sprint 4G (1.2mbits/sec up - 9mbits/sec down)
Audio Input: Laptop Line-in (integrated mic) from chapel audio line-feed.

Meetinghouse WebCast: Version 3.0.1.101
Settings: Medium 16x9 (896k up, 672k down)
Event Type: Stake Conference

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks Jeff. That gives a very good picture of what you're doing. I don't have experience running the Webcast software via Firewire, but might give it a shot when I have a chance. Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion as to why the transmitted image was so small.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 pm

The issue may be related to the Canopus ADVC 110 video capture device. Not all video capture cards/devices have been tested so there may be compatibility issues. Make sure the drivers are the most current.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Aczlan

Postby Aczlan » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:16 pm

If you havent done so, check that the video capture device is compatible with Expression Encoder. Not all are and not all cards that worked with Windows Media Encoder will work with Expression Encoder.
If it works with Expression Encoder, it SHOULD work with the Webcast Communicator

Aaron Z

Return to “Webcasting”